What is Wicca to you?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Tinu

What is Wicca to you?

Post by Tinu »

I had this question posed to me by my mentor today: What is Wicca to you?
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I know what it "is", but i whould describe it as a felling, or a way of life.

Every Wiccan belives something kinda differnt, differnt Gods/Goddess's. Thay use differnt things, some use herbs, others use stones, but thay end up with the same effect. Some can scray(i know i spelled it wrong) and some cant. So i think its a feeling we have, not and act we do.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
WolfWitch

Post by WolfWitch »

Your mentor is a wise person.

For me, Wicca has been one thing above everything else.

Peace.

For the first time in my life, I am at peace with a lot of questions that I have struggled with most of my life. I understand or at the least, have a good, sound feeling theory, for a great many of lifes little mysteries and most all of the odd little things I have pondered over the years of my youth.
I have come to no longer fear the after life now. I don't fret or cry myself to sleep in dread of weither or not I have made myself rightous enough to enter the "good" after life. Hell, I no longer wonder at the inconsistancies in what the after life is supposed to be. I understand now. I only fear the act of dying now.
I no longer dread my own savior or if I have incurred his wrath.
I understand now things I didn't before, like why I always feel at peace inside when I walk in a woods. I know now why my heart is drawn there, why even the air feels different when I walk amoung the trees. These where questions I wasn't supposed to aknowage before.
I no longer have the raging, roiling turmoil in the back parts of myself anymore. I don't know how but upon accepting the truth of the path before me, I sort of entered this calmer state of grace than I was before.
I no longer feel affraid or bad for wanting to explore my faith and ask questions on how and why the univerce works the way it does. And I no longer have to worry about having to ask what the Sanatized version of a truth is (Like how the whole universe started.) My answers are mine to find and the truths for me will be for me.

This is what Wicca is to me. It has been a lightening of my heart and soul. A breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant life.

When I am asked why I converted, I always try to correct the person asking. I didn't convert, I awoke to Wicca. Because that is exactly how it feels, like I awoke from a bad dream and found the real world.

Blessed be

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Merry Meet.

Well to me, Wicca is a way of life, it is love, peace and everything else in between. It is a way I live my life, I don't like harm to anything therefore, I don't harm anything.

Wicca is nature based and I love nature. I love the breeze on a cool summers day, I love the sun shining down upon me, I love walks in the woods and sitting down with nature all around me, I basically love nature.

Well I guess I did waffle on a bit in my reply but that is what Wicca is to me. :D

Blessed Be.
[GeekyPagan]

Post by [GeekyPagan] »

For me, Wicca is my Truth.

It holds everything I believe in, not just spiritually, but morally as well. It has given me the answers, and the comfort I have sought for a long time. This is my answer, my path.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

too me wicca is personal. in such a way that we do things our own way and it in turn reflects who we are and also is the journey towards finding ones true self and once found it is a serene state of being one with the natural world.

Return to “For Everyone”