does anyone believe in the concept of a "natural witch&

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
sarah_20

does anyone believe in the concept of a "natural witch&

Post by sarah_20 »

I was just curious as I was reading the post from Pagansister, some people seem very skeptical about people's possible (keyword "possible" lol) abilities. So what I was wondering, is if anyone believes in the concept of a "natual witch" someone that has abilities without any prior knowledge or how to perform these skills. I understand where Pagansister is coming from, because I have ablilties that I dont understand or am able to explain...Just some thoughts and general opinions would be great! thanks

Sarah
WolfWitch

Re: does anyone believe in the concept of a "natural wi

Post by WolfWitch »

sarah_20 wrote:I was just curious as I was reading the post from Pagansister, some people seem very skeptical about people's possible (keyword "possible" lol) abilities. So what I was wondering, is if anyone believes in the concept of a "natual witch" someone that has abilities without any prior knowledge or how to perform these skills. I understand where Pagansister is coming from, because I have ablilties that I dont understand or am able to explain...Just some thoughts and general opinions would be great! thanks

Sarah
Yes Sarah, I do. And I think a lot of others do to. There are little things people do every day that can't be explained away. I can think of a couple I've been doing since I was a child but I do not claim them as actual abilities and won't until I have a better understanding and an actual concous control of them.To call something an actual ability, means one has the power to control it.

I can not say one way or the other if PaganSister has abilities. This is why I have said nothing denouncing her. I'd have to know her and what she is capable of doing before I would say anything. If she can levitate then she is farther down the spiritual enlightened path than I and I am happy for her. Maybe one day I can join her at that level.

But as for people being able to do things that they have no knowledge of as a "power", yeah. I've seen it to many times not to.

Hope this helps.

BB.

WW.
The greatest advice I was ever given: It matters not what you believe. Only that you believe it wholeheartedly.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

What would an "unnatural witch" be? :?

As far as psychic ability or ESP goes, although some witches may *actively* choose to work to try and improve those abilities, all humans have these natural aspects to one degree or another, whether they choose to follow the path of a witch or choose to be an evangelical Christian or choose to be a devout athiest or choose to follow any other path in life.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i dont so much believe in "natural witches" in the context you put. i believe that everybody is born with the potential to gain said abilities. but what seperates what you would call a natural witch from others is whether they listen to thier inner self and use these abilities or whether they ignore thier instincts.

does that make sense?

-Sobek
Raine

Post by Raine »

Sobek wrote:i dont so much believe in "natural witches" in the context you put. i believe that everybody is born with the potential to gain said abilities. but what seperates what you would call a natural witch from others is whether they listen to thier inner self and use these abilities or whether they ignore thier instincts.

does that make sense?

-Sobek

It made perfect sense to me.

I believe that everyone is born with abilities and talents and there are certain people who have different gifts that another person might not have.
Saria

Post by Saria »

sarah_20 wrote:I was just curious as I was reading the post from Pagansister, some people seem very skeptical about people's possible (keyword "possible" lol) abilities. So what I was wondering, is if anyone believes in the concept of a "natual witch" someone that has abilities without any prior knowledge or how to perform these skills. I understand where Pagansister is coming from, because I have ablilties that I dont understand or am able to explain...Just some thoughts and general opinions would be great! thanks

Sarah
I definately do and I have many reasons for believeing in such. However, most Natural Witches were witches or something alike in past lives and they remember it. There's also natural mages along with witches
In the land of twilight under the moon...
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

Sarah
I believe in people having various abilities to do things. I dont believe that that makes them a "natural witch". To be a witch is something that you choose.

My mom tells me that I first started showing signsof being clairvoyant and clairsentient when I was two or three...does that make me a witch? No. I'm not a witch.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I don't believe someone who uses energy in these ways is a witch. Witchm to me, means wise and that implies knowledge and control. But they could easily be a medium for these energies.

I believe everyone has the potential to do things, but not everyone has the same potential or the same talents. Some people are more aware of their connections and talents than others and other may just desire something and subconsciously 'reach out' and activate their talents without realizing that's what they are doing. I don't believe this would have a very strong effect, at least to outside observers anyway. That would take training and practice.

So yes, I do believe in natural mediums. But not the kind that pops into forums going 'I can fly and shoot fire from my hands!' LOL
justmeleo

I do

Post by justmeleo »

But I'm basing my opinion on astrology. Those born on cusps of signs seem to be more psychic. I was born on a cusp. Some psychic witches have told me that I was a natural witch, that I was reincarnated witch. I don't know if I believe in reincarnation or not. Doesn't really matter cause my twelfth house is empty; so I won't be coming back if there is such a thing. I do think that there are generational witches in families, but that might be picking on the subtle things not spoken or developed out in the open.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

I beleivea natural witch can exist and since i do not beleive in rencarnation, I was always taught that a natural witch usally appear mostly to families that has had a witch in it before them. As with all families things pass from mother to child, then child to their child, and so on, Use of the magic is somewhat the same, The memory of magic remains in the blood.

Does this mean that only children with witches for parents can be natural, No!! It means that they show up mostly in families where a witch has been before them.

An unatural witch by the terms I think she meant is one who does not show abilities before they began learning and shaping the ability to use magic, It doesnt mean that you didnt have the ability, It just means that it did not present itself untill you began to learn. Where a natural witch will find themselves simply doing things and not knowing why and some will even figure out to control their gifts before they learn what those gifts truly are.
[DarkWoman]

Post by [DarkWoman] »

To me, a witch does not mean beaing a person with any sort of magical abilities. Of course I know many witches have abilities and use them, but it's more of a way to view the world. The word witch is really like saying the word Pagan. It's a big umbrella term emcompassing many things, simmilar things and different things, yet still a different way than the traditional way of veiwing the world. So I myself would not term it being a natural witch, although I see where you are coming from. I would say that many people are born with psychic gifts that if they choose to use, get stronger with practice. I view myself as a natural witch since I looked at the world as being connected since I was a child. Whatever magical gifts I have, as far as my knowledge goes, I worked at them. I really like this question.
All healing takes place in the dark.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

I think you may find the scepticism comes from the outrageous and fantastic claims made by some people in regard to levitation and other exteremely difficult,if not almost impossible, disciplines. Note I didn't say impossible, I have read of many inexplicable events : the person who somehow finds the strength to lift incredibly heavy debris, freeing someone from an accident site or dangerous situation, for example. These are well recorded and often witnessed. Also there are Ascetics who devote their whole lives [ e.g. Buddhist monks in remote monasteries ] to attaining the seemingly impossible. At the very least, physical manipulation of reality requires extensive discipline and training and I don't accept that an inexperienced youngster can perfom these skills. I do believe there are people born with innate abilities who can, with time and patience, magnify and increase their skills, so yes , there are 'natural' psychics, though some witches don't work with these forces at all.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: I do

Post by LaFiamma »

justmeleo wrote:But I'm basing my opinion on astrology. Those born on cusps of signs seem to be more psychic. I was born on a cusp. Some psychic witches have told me that I was a natural witch, that I was reincarnated witch. I don't know if I believe in reincarnation or not. Doesn't really matter cause my twelfth house is empty; so I won't be coming back if there is such a thing. I do think that there are generational witches in families, but that might be picking on the subtle things not spoken or developed out in the open.
So you believe that astrology gives the absolute answers to eerythign then?
operant.behavior

Post by operant.behavior »

Yes and no. :/ I don't know, I think some people are definitely born with a draw to Paganism or Wicca - I know that, for me, it was less like "becoming Pagan" as it was coming home, and all people are born with different aptitudes. I suck at divination, for example, but my knot magic seems to pack a wallop.
vonigan

Post by vonigan »

I don't believe in this "natural witch" concept. it's like saying you can read as soon as you exit the womb. you are born with the potential, you can train yourself later on how to read. I personally believe that's how it works. everyone is born with the potential but you need to train yourself to do "magick" and "witchcraft."

Return to “For Everyone”