Trying to fall OUT of love?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
NP

Trying to fall OUT of love?

Post by NP »

Now, I have a boyfriend, who is lovely and I love very much. He's accepting of my gender identity, and cares about me a lot. But I'm still in love with my best friend. My best friend (I'll refer to him as S in this post) knows about my feelings, but I identify as male and he's straight. He hasn't let it affect our friendship, for which I am grateful, but I feel guilty about being unable to give my boyfriend all of my affection because of this problem. I just want to not have these feelings for S anymore, as they weigh heavily on my heart. I've loved him for many years, and he loved me once too, I was just blind to my own feelings at that time. I still want to be friends with him, as he's very important in my life. But to stay friends with him I need to not have these romantic feelings anymore.
Any advice?
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Trying to fall OUT of love?

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I came to this site with a similar problem and learned about cord cutting and it helped me a lot. I'll see if I can find the link to that post.

Also, from my experience, it's difficult to be friends with someone you still care for. I had to cut myself off from my ex because being friends made it difficult to give myself completely to my new partner. In the end it was for the best and helped make me happy.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Here is the link to the post of responses I got about cutting cords. http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 29330.html
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

That sounds painful. Rosie shared a great idea about cutting cords. 1-2 months has passed. How has it been for you? Are you coping well?

Return to “For Everyone”