Not Sure About Being An ArmyWife

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Victoria Mnemosyne

Not Sure About Being An ArmyWife

Post by Victoria Mnemosyne »

My boyfriend and I have not been dating very long- about 1 1/2 years, but we love eachother deeply, have a very special bond and are planning on becoming engaged at some point in the next 6 months. (Normally I'd want it as a surprise, but in this case I'm 19 and he's 21, so we need to plan out our options).

He's currently in school four hours away and learning to become a Biological Neuroscientist. The men in his family have been military men for many generations, and I know it had always been a dream and plan of his to go to school and enter the forces as an officer. (Either Army or Airforce). He's giving up this dream because of our eventual marriage, as he can't see us being apart for so much time. I feel bad about this- I would never want him to give up a dream because of me.

Is anyone here married to an Armyman or to an Officer? (Not sure if it's different as far as time away from home, etc). Can someone tell me what it would be like, what some of the challenges would be? I've got two years of college left to get my bachelors, but I'd like to study more and hopefully get a graduates degree in my feild. Any advice?

Return to “For Everyone”