Shamanic Witchcraft

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Granamyr

Shamanic Witchcraft

Post by Granamyr »

When I first came here less than a month ago, I was uncertain at that time if I belonged in the witch community. At that time I did not use the label of witch. Mostly because of the raging debate in the community (not this one, the larger non-Abrahamic and magickal community) about who is and is not a true witch.

Well, for me...the spirits and my reflections have led me to think that it's less about what others define as witch and more about who you are and how you live your life. The abilities I have and my affinity for magickal workings is something I was born with. I don't know why. No, I don't have some story about my great unto infinity great, great grandmother who was a *PHENOMENAL COSMIC WITCH* *ahem*...no. It just is. People might as well as me why I'm a womyn rather than a man. Shrug.

When I decided to embrace this as well as acknowledge my abilities, a couple of things fell into place. One, I realized how much our moon and the water element draws me. Two, that animals play a huge role in my life. Looking at these things, I Googled the words "shamanistic witchcraft" and I came up with a book by Christopher Penczak called, "The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft" and guess what element and it's aspects it focuses on? Yup...water. Water, emotions, intuition, spirits, healing and meditation. I took this as a nod from the spirits and a nudge. I bought it and the CD companion.

I feel like I'm acting from a balanced place. May the spirits guide me.

Just thought I'd share this. Words cannot really convey what I feel inside.

Peace and love.

Gran
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hello from another person who follows a Shamantic path. That's a great story and I wish you success along your path!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Chaos Shaman
Banned Member

Post by Chaos Shaman »

Agreed. Shamanism is where it is at. I find it one of the most honest and respectful paths. The importance of nature is key for me.
Granamyr

Post by Granamyr »

Thanks! I actually feel quite humbled to walk this path. I know I have loads to learn. And yes, I'm a bit afraid sometimes. I'm walking very, very slow down this path. Especially since I have no teacher. I can only ask Thor to protect me and the spirits to be patient.

Do either of you experience shifting? Not physically obviously but...more spiritual or therianthropic shifts? I'd be interested in talking with you if you have any information or resources. PM if you'd rather take it there OK?

Thanks! :wink:
Chaos Shaman
Banned Member

Post by Chaos Shaman »

as a chaos walker I shift all the time. as a shaman i shift but a lot less then I do as a walker of chaos.

Return to “For Everyone”