anxiety probs help!!!!!!

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
RestoringtheGoddess

anxiety probs help!!!!!!

Post by RestoringtheGoddess »

ok i'm wondering what works to calm your anxiety

Lavender Oil (in a bath tub or to breathe it in)

Chamomile Tea
Exercise

Other than this I have no idea so please help me my nerves are shaking!! And my head is spinning from worry!!!!!
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hi Goddess!

Some things that work out stress for me:

1) Deep breathing exercises, preferably while out walking in some calm, serene, and beautiful place.

2) Getting with friends, especially those old ones that are 'rock solid' types. If they're calm, cheery, and confident it rubs off on me and I relax.

3) Some stones for Peace: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Aventurine, Calcite, Carnelian, Chalcedony, Chrysocolla, Coral, Diamond, Kunzite, Lepidolite, Malachite, Obsidian, Rhodocrosite, Rhodonite, Sapphire, Sardonyx, Sodalite, and Blue Tourmaline are all good stones for this. If you have any of these then pocket, palm, or otherwise wear them or carry them on you. DON'T wear or carry a pure, White, or Smoky Quartz because they tend to magnify whatever you're feeling!

4) Sex while wearing Orange Calcite. Okay, okay, I know that sounds weird. :lol: What happens is you get to thinking about that 'Hot'-looking Calcite and it fuels your sex drive. A LOT. Then you burn out your anxieties in the act(s).

Hope this helped some! Blessings and Peace to you!

One Walker. :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
RestoringtheGoddess

Thanks One Walker for the amazing advice!!!

I will do as you suggested :)

The Orange Calcite is a really cute fact I will have to try that :)

Blessings to you too!!!
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

:wink: :D
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Goddess, are you just anxious or do you have an anxiety disorder? I have a friend who has an anxiety disorder and she is very fond of a technique called DBT to keep hers in check... though if you're just nervous at the moment, that's way more than you'd need.

So far as instant nervousness, I have several strategies I use:
First, accept that what is supposed to be, will be. No use getting frightened over it... the only person that hurts is the person feeling apprehensive.

Next, chants usually help put everything into perspective for me- there are several that I use, but this one is one of my favorites- and another of my favorites that used to be on 's main site (I can't find it now), was:
Thor Protection Chant
Wielder of the hammer,
red-bearded one,
Thor, protector,
to you I call.
I stand in the midst of a storm
and ask your protection.

And finally, if all else fails, (and I know this sounds bad, but ....) I use the "F-it" approach. If I'm too concerned about making myself sound like I know what I'm doing and it's just making my anxiety about the issue even worse than it was in the first place... I favor just saying "well F-it, I'll do it anyhow, and F-them if the don't like me when I do." :wink: LOL (seriously though!)

...hope that helps some! I have more info on the DBT techniques if that's something you're interested in learning about too- just let me know. :28:

Bright Blessings~
~MoonStone
blackswordca

Post by blackswordca »

For me its music... instrumental and something.. soothing or peaceful.
"The meek shall inherit the Earth.. the rest of us shall conquer the stars"
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

When I get to my most stressed (which I find happens a lot lately, especially with wedding planning, but I digress) I combine many of the ideas you yourself had. I take a few hours and choose them to be "me time." I relax for a long time in a hot bubble bath while burning candles and listening to relaxing music. While doing this, I drink chamomile tea. I then watch a happy/sappy/opposite of whatever I'm most worried about movie, and go to bed. I always do this before bed, because I don't want this to just be a 2-hour break. I want it to be a 2-hour, then sleep break, and wake up in the morning feeling ready to go.

I myself suffer from panic attacks, and I know full well that every time you begin to get anxious, you can't just head for the bathtub. For moments where you're stuck (in a meeting, in a conversation, before an interview, etc), I recommend getting a stress ball or a worry stone. The action helps relieve tension and gives you something to focus on besides your anxiety. I also recommend deep breathing exercises. Count breaths, be aware of your body and your surroundings. A lot of things that can lead to deepened anxiety are often the body's overreactions to a situation or the body's own state. By taking a minute to pause and evaluate what is going on and how you are, you can help nip anxiety in the bud straight off.
RestoringtheGoddess

wow thank you people for all of your amazing advice!!!!
hcfp

Re: anxiety probs help!!!!!!

Post by hcfp »

RestoringtheGoddess wrote:ok i'm wondering what works to calm your anxiety

Lavender Oil (in a bath tub or to breathe it in)

Chamomile Tea
Exercise

Other than this I have no idea so please help me my nerves are shaking!! And my head is spinning from worry!!!!!

I've found this in one site:

Best Herbs For Anxiety

Kava kava
Ginseng
Valerian
Ashwagandha
Lemon balm
Zizyphi seed and Iligustrum
GLA
Catnip
St. John's Wort
Bugleweed
Greymalkin
Banned Member

Post by Greymalkin »

What is causing you to feel anxious and worried?

I always think it's much better to treat the cause rather than the symptom.

Return to “For Everyone”