food seeds xD??wot

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
illbehere

food seeds xD??wot

Post by illbehere »

um ino it may sound silly, i bought seeds that u eat for like cheaper than a packet of normal seeds and u get lotsa seeds ;x i did eat some but im wondering, will they grow? i planted pumpkin seeds, pine nuts and sunflowers seeds. my question is will they grow :3.
Tasariel

Re: food seeds xD??wot

Post by Tasariel »

Probably not. Food seeds are usually treated in some way, prolly to make it safer for consumption, but usually roasted or something in such a way that makes it impossible for them to grow anymore.
Not to mention, sometimes seeds require a certain temperature to still be viable after one season, so I really don't think they'll grow. But who knows, I could be totally wrong.
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

i thoguht that too but they stil have the seeds inside the shells, its not roasted cause it'd be noticeable to me. but yh ireland may not grow them but we'll c i suppose :L ill just water them every dday and see what happens :P
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

Hahaha sure!
Can't ever know for sure until you try it! :)
I'm interested to see if it does work though. Because that would be totally cool! For you, especially, I'm sure.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I've grown bird seed before there have been some weird and wonderful plants grown from them.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

Ah, I've seen bird seed grow as well. I think the only difference might be how they are treated in order to make them fit for human consumption. Like we have the Pasteurizing process, there might be something similar to clean seeds, that might make them less viable. I dunno, I'm not basing this on any experience whatsoever. Just guessing.
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

i dunno. alls i know is that i dont think they treat the seeds, i mean, plants cant grow inside a human, and even if thye could theyd still be digested :P
illbehere

Post by illbehere »

amazingly, some little starting on plants appeared all the same types by the look of it. im interested to see which plant comes out :P i shall defo plant more. im not big into eating the seeds, theyre not as nice as normal seeds but at least i can start a nice lil garden from it ^^.
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

Lol congratulations! :)
I'm interested to see which seed took root!

Return to “Gardening”