Who's all planting for Imbolc?

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
Ravencry

Who's all planting for Imbolc?

Post by Ravencry »

I got a little too excited and already planted my seeds. I have to go find another marjoram pack, though, cause it was empty! :evil:
But I planted Basil for money
Tomato for love in my relationship (tomatoes have the nickname 'Love Apple')
Chives for purification
Parsley for luck
Dill for blessings
and Cilantro for peace (the seeds of cilantro are coriander, in case you didn't know. I can't wait for it to go to seed!)

I have my marijuana germinating, so I can't wait for that!

Then, on the day of Imbolc, I'm going to plant Rosemary. I don't know how well I can grow it, but I heard its quite difficult. But oh well! Sage is difficult from seed, too, but I got 5 seedlings from a pouch! Whos to say that I can't do rosemary :twisted:

What are you going to plant (if you can and are)?
Asch

Re: Who's all planting for Imbolc?

Post by Asch »

Oooh I'm not familiar with planting anything especially for Imbolc but the timing is perfect. I'll have to take some time to survey my various gardens and their states of disrepair first :)
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

I want to plant pansies, they are my favorite, and it will be my way of welcoming spring. And lets hope this will bring some freshness in my life
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

What colour pansies? I love the red, burgundy and yellow ones :D
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

SInce its a celebration for the sun God i think i will go with red and orange~!
but honestly whichever i find will ne retty i am sure:D
I love pansies!!!!!!
flowersofthelady

Post by flowersofthelady »

iv not heard of this practice before, would someone mind explaining please? im fascinated!!
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Imbolc is about welcoming the comming spring, its a celebration or new beginnings and blessings. So a nice thing to do is to plant flowers that signify spring, flowers bring freshness to the house!
Simply put you plant the right flowers (with protperties for love, health etc) on the right day (imbolc=new beginnings, blessings) and you watch as they grow bringing you luck, love, health etc etc
PS: If you choose to do this and your flowers wilt or dont grow dont worry too much cause sometimes it happens.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Sadly, I will be moving across the glode shortly after Imbloc. But it is my daughter's birthday (amazing I know) and we normally plant. So for the change this year, I think we will donate to the arbor fondation.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

I'm in Arizona, so it won't be too much longer until Summer-Finding. (It was a colder than usual winter, but I can already feel the change in the air. If I jinx it and it snows next week tho, I'll be in heaven!) Anyway, we started some of our garden over the weekend; potatoes, peas, green beans, micro greens, celery.
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Sounds yummy Juniperberry!

yes, like Witch13 said, planting on Imbolc symbolises the coming of spring. As they grow, your wish grows into fruition with the plant.

Happy birthday to your daughter, JBRaven!
marscapone

Post by marscapone »

I will start all the seedlings for my veggie and herb garden. I can't wait for the weather to warm up for my garden to grow. I do my best meditating in front of my garden, though I have to steer clear of the basil, it's a chatty bugger, very distracting.

As for flowers, I'm not sure yet. Last year I planted African Daisies (purple daisies) and I got so many compliments on them. They made me smile every time I walked out my front door. So, I might go that way again, and add some more colors to the mix this time.
Evanthe

Post by Evanthe »

I'm going to get some seeds germinating, too. I think it's a tad early for tomatoes here but I'll do a bunch of herbs. I've grown rosemary from seed a number of times because no one had told me it was hard to do. So try not to let others energy interfere, if possible. If it feels good, then it will be fine. I plant a ton of dill every year and found that those large jars of dill seed in the herb department will all sprout. Yet another exciting and fun thing to do for Imbolic!
Evanthe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
-C.S Lewis
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

I have dill also, dill grows SO fast!! I actually had no luck with the first batch of rosemary, but I am now starting a second batch that I will not let the negative energy interfere with. I think that was why I had no luck with the first.

I also added chamomile and lavender to my batch of herbs this year :D

And I will be planting spearmint tomorrow. I know spearmint grows very well :D

Return to “Gardening”