Dream Gift?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
GroundedDancer

Dream Gift?

Post by GroundedDancer »

So, all my life I've had dreams that show me bits of what later come true. Everyday things from visiting a store for a particular item, having a specific conversation, eating a specific food and reacting a certain way, to more significant things like my father dying in a car accident. They come semi-regularly, but after reading about wicca and spirituality, I'm beginning to think that perhaps I shut down those dreams to an extent out of inability to understand it and therefore pushing it away as illogical.

Also, I recently had a run in with a dream that alerted me so badly that I woke up with the dream crystal clear in my mind. It was unlike anything else I'd ever felt, and I've lucid dreamt on several occasions, to the point where I panicked and felt like I was missing a message in this dream. I believe the dream was giving me a warning that I need to connect to my abilities (because I suspect I have some) otherwise they will go dormant.

Can Precognitive dreams be an ability that someone has within them? I feel like I have a dream gift, but is there a way to know for sure? I'm trying to meditate on a regular basis in order to draw on my third eye, but is that the answer? While I was meditating a few days ago, (I'm very new to this remember) I got a vision so jarring that I could feel the emotions as if they were my own and my heart started to beat harder. It frightened me, so I pulled out of the meditation and that feeling was still with me.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Dream Gift?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Wow, there's a lot going on in your question(s). As you've had precog dreams that have proven themselves all your life, you already know you have the ability, so you are a step ahead. I'm going to guess that puberty could possibly account for changes in frequency of dreams. The everyday matter content in the dreams makes sense because that's where we spend most of our conscious time. (I'd dream about green beans when I was a kid. Forewarned is forearmed; you better eat a big lunch because it's going to the dreaded green beans tonight). IMO, that's what the trivial ones teach us...forewarned is forearmed, and to pay attention. Even when we don't remember them fully, we will recognize what needs doing when the time comes. The mundane is used to teach us to recognize the ability.

Dreaming the big, life changing ones can seem like a burden. But they do prepare us so we know what needs to be done when it happens. Pre cogs dont come so that we can change what happens -we are not the Master of the Universe - but so that we can deal with what will happen when it does. We are small cogs in a very big wheel. I think of pre cognitive dreams as a survival skill.

There are some dreams that persist in alerting us to coming events, even when we don't have the whole story. There are times when we will be prodded with the subtlety of a cattle prod to take action without knowing why, but we've learned to trust our guts by then. We can act on the faith we have in the feeling even without full knowledge. The cosmos doesn't waste words spelling it out when it isn't needed. Magic takes the path of least resistance, I've heard.

Or, as I like to uselessly complain, high strangeness doesn't come with instructions. This is how I know that I certainly am not the Master of the frickin YOO-née-verse,because if I was, I'd've included the manual in the box. Wouldn't you? Of course you would, so you aren't the Master of the Universe either, apparently. :?

OK, kidding aside, and getting back to your post GroundedDancer, what if your precognitive dreaming ability did go dormant? Couldn't you use some other psychic faculty to adapt? Maybe you'd be more comfortable with divination via Tarot reading? Maybe the incomplete knowing that was a feature of the dream is because you don't know how you feel about accepting the burden of the ability. The panic was a tip off to your true feeling, that it would be a loss, and you just need to believe in yourself to accept the reality of the ability.

And meditating can't hurt, but I'd suggest working in the heart chakra rather than 3rd eye, to calm & stabilize the emotional impact. You pointed out that your heart beat raced because you felt the impact of the vision. If it was something you saw in a movie, do you think you'd have felt it so? The vision wasn't actually happening to you, as it was staged and you were an outside observer. Your body response pointed the way to go to adapt to this situation, as I see it. Hope that helps.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”