Help with Precognitive Dreams

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Help with Precognitive Dreams

Post by Silversong »

Recently, a friend came to me for help. She's been having dreams which predict future events - nothing particularly big or momentous (so far), but everyday things. Finding an item at an antique show, a snippet of class, a discussion with friends. She used to have them when she was little, but they're getting much worse recently. I have little to no experience with the subject, so I thought I should come to you guys for help.

I asked her to write something for me to put directly in here, so:
I've always dreamed at night. One night, I find myself waking up from a dream abo9ut correctly answering a question in AP English. I wake up (as always from a deja vu* type dream), think, 'Wow, that was realistic.' A day or two later, I go to class. My friends/peers and teacher are wearing what they were in the dream, which I usually only notice afterward. I answer the question, realize it was just like the dream, with a sharp(?) feeling. It lasts for a minute, then fades.
*We've fallen into the habit of calling them deja vu dreams for the sake of simplicity, even though it's not really accurate.

She's been having these experiences almost daily for the past few weeks, and it's stressing her out somewhat. From what I understand, it's hard for her to describe the feeling, but I know it's a weird thing for her. She's the daughter of one of the local pastors, though she's perfectly willing to believe in the Craft and magick, and her parents monitor her Internet use pretty closely, which makes it hard for her to get help with things like this - ergo why she came to me. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, I have very little knowledge and even less experience with premonition and precognitive dreams, so I'm almost as lost as she is.

I know she wants these dreams to slow down a little, at least, if not stop entirely, but I have a gut feeling that suppressing them would only delay things. Am I wrong? What can she do about these?

Thanks for reading.

Bright blessings!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Help with Precognitive Dreams

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think suppression would make it harder. Like suppressing feelings, sooner or later you blow your lid. I went thru a time mundane pre cogs in my mid-to-late teens while living at home, so there may be something to it about age and parental thumb, as if you just have to get out from under so a bit of astral travel during sleep, to mundane events, is the result.

It wasn't for many more years later that I learned about energy grounding. At the moment of the emotional snap, it is briefly like dejavu because you're momentarily back in the flow of the precog. It's a jolt, and like being in two places or times at once, that collide, and I always got a tiny bit nauseous. Grounding the jolt is sheer relief.

Just explain how to ground, by visualizing the tap root from the spine, or feet, into the earth. Energy follows thought.

I've never found a way to stop them. I just lost interest, or lost the fear-of-the-jolt, and it went away. I later learned to value precognition, so go figure.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

All right. Grounding is something I'm very familiar with, so I can definitely explain that. Thank you for the advice.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I went through this very thing a few months ago. I did create a post on it and there was some great advice given to me there.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 31521.html
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I dreamed that the new expensive cap came off my tooth. I got another temporary on Monday. I go for a refit of a permanent cap this coming Monday.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”