Should You Volunteer Unsolicited Psychic Information?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Ravenstar

Should You Volunteer Unsolicited Psychic Information?

Post by Ravenstar »

When you are psychic do you have an obligation to tell strangers that a spirit wants to communicate with them? For example the Long Island Medium. Blessed be.
Becks

Re: Should You Volunteer Unsolicited Psychic Information?

Post by Becks »

I would say no. TV is very different. It's a pretty sensitive subject, and not everybody is prepared for an exchange that is that personal. It's one thing if folks go to a medium for a message...they are expecting things to get personal. I have had conversations with people where things come up (I'm nowhere near a TV psychic..not even trying... but sometimes messages do come through) and a natural conversation will allow something to come out.

Not everybody would agree with me.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I agree with Becks, there is no 'obligation' but sometimes things happen and the situation is set so that messages and information can be passed on. To be honest I find that using tarot or a crystal ball or something makes some people (seekers) feel more comfortable than being with someone (the reader) that may know their secrets and personal information. It's like the object (cards or whatever) have the information not the reader and so the seeker is more comfortable.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I dislike LI medium, a lot. But I think it comes down to how you feel, though it is not always appropriate to just say it to someone.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had the good fortune to have understanding coworkers when I kept getting messages for them. Especially the messages from the Irish Setter with purple ears. That actually made sense after I passed it along. She raised Irish Setters and her favorite color was purple.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

No.

None of us have to reveal our gifts.

We all have the right to live within normal human boundaries.

There is a saying about throwing pearls before swine. Just don't do it. Bad idea!
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

I have never felt called upon to share such information unsolicited with a complete stranger. I have on occasion shared unsolicited information with those close to me. Generally unless you have a strong feeling that you should share, it's best kept to yourself unless solicited.
Myrth
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Becks wrote:Not everybody would agree with me.
Looks like quite the contrary, Becks. :wink:

I will say this, though. There is a tactful way to do this. OK, maybe not with strangers, but with someone already at least a little acquainted with you. OK, say my coworker's new boyfriend has the worst negative energy ever, I mean he really reeks, I get a big hit of bad off him. Or, maybe someone I know shouldn't buy a certain house, or go on a certain trip. Whatever. There's a way you could respond to what you're "reading" in the situation so that it sounds natural and coincidental, like it just came off the top of your head, a fleeting thought you don't think much about after you've said it. You don't say it like, "Omigod, I'm a psychic, trust me girlfriend, if you do that, then [psychic reading here]...!"

But make it be more like, "Hmm, I hear that this time of year is a bad time to take a trip to that island" Or, "I know a person who had a boyfriend that did that and within six months she was so drained emotionally, she fled the relationship. People like that can be draining..." or something along those lines. Sound conversational, not prophetic. The hope is always that such comments plant a small seed in the intended person's conscious awareness at some point, and then the intended later acts on it accordingly. I have had success with this approach.

Also, you could speak telepathically with the person's guides, say a prayer of sorts, and let them impart the message to the intended person. I think if you're going to intervene, that's usually the best way to do it.

Then again, there's another school of thought that says we each need to learn our own lessons in our own time, that there's a reason why we're going through what we're going through at the moment, and until we've learned to ask the right questions and get the help we need, we'll can't expect to get the right answers. It's really just a growth process. Skillfulness in living sometimes has to be learned first hand, experienced, and you need give people space and let them do that. If you just toss people the answers, how will they learn? This school of thought also tends to suspect that people who go out of their way to volunteer psychic information do so more out of vainglory, out of a compulsive, attention-seeking need to show off, than out of any sincere attempt to help anyone.

So, I guess you have to decide where you stand. I suspect that if you give it a try and imitate The Long Island Medium, you will soon discover your unsolicited psychic insights are rarely, if ever, embraced with open arms. My best advice to you is always check yourself, internally, with all spiritual practices (including spell-casting and such) to determine how much of what you're doing you may be doing out of ego. If you know yourself to be prone to attention-seeking behavior at times in your mundane life, such behavior will most likely be reflected in your spiritual life, as well. You must check yourself, constantly; we all must.

The best.

Lady_Lilith wrote:I dislike LI medium, a lot.
Haha, reminds me of a cute showdog doing cute tricks at a dog show to entertain the applauding, enthralled audience which exclaims "Oooo" and "Awww" after each successively cuter trick. Everyone loves parlor tricks, right?

Ivy Amethyst

Post by Ivy Amethyst »

Personally, I think that LI medium is pretty rude going up to people and just asking them such sensitive stuff.
Lord_of_Nightmares

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

Ivy Amethyst wrote:Personally, I think that LI medium is pretty rude going up to people and just asking them such sensitive stuff.
There is another psychic I think is even ruder, goes by the name of "Chip". He had a few shows, last one I remember was the Psychic kids one. He was just so crass, even to the children.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

In cases of unsought precognition, I believe that we are not obligated; we always have a choice. And we can ask if the recipient wants the info or not. If they are not open to it, we should not force it. Each situation is unique and requires sensitive judgement. Most unsolicited psychic experiences are for our own learning, not for saving the world. Warnings require sensitive judgement of the persons ability to handle it.
LadyJupiter

Post by LadyJupiter »

On almost every person Theresa from Long Island Medium has chosen to share her gift with she has made such an impact and brings happiness and closure to people who desperately needed it. Not many people believe in Mediums until they have a real interaction with one so they wouldn't have gone to a medium on their own. She always starts by saying who she is and what she does so they would have the option to end that conversation if necessary. I have PRAYED for years to be that lucky to run into someone who could help with my grief.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

LadyJupiter wrote:On almost every person Theresa from Long Island Medium has chosen to share her gift with she has made such an impact and brings happiness and closure to people who desperately needed it.
Yeah, but no doubt, for the made-for-TV format, they probably only show her successes. I'm thinking her not-so-successful attempts, which I would think exist since no one is 100% accurrate with readings, where she straight up pisses people off, or is totally wrong, that these are probably quietly and conveniently edited out during post-production. So, every show seems to imply that she always "brings happiness and closure" in all her public reads. It would be very interesting to see what got left on "the cutting room floor" after the production crew edits the raw footage...that I would like to see! This is the problem with reality TV; it doesn't really reflect reality. It reflects what the corporate sponsors want to see to keep the show on the air.

But yeah, who wouldn't appreciate a free reading, though? I agree with you on that. lol

silverowl

Post by silverowl »

I say no as well. Plus reality TV always needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

SnowCat wrote:I had the good fortune to have understanding coworkers when I kept getting messages for them. Especially the messages from the Irish Setter with purple ears. That actually made sense after I passed it along. She raised Irish Setters and her favorite color was purple.

Snow
Hey SnowCat. I didn't see this response until now. It reminds me of something. When I was actively doing readings I tended to hang out with other readers, of varying modalities (which was really fun because I'd learn things from them). I guess here would be another exception to the "don't give unsolicited readings" rule.

I remember it was just a given that the advice we'd casually give each other was kind of a reading. When we'd ask each other questions about this issue or that issue, or this person --should we date him or her, or whatever, we kind of expected a reading as an answer. Sometimes, we'd just pull cards on the issue at hand, without being asked. It was just what we did. We didn't consider it "unsolicited" and unwelcomed. On the contrary, it was more like, "Well, you're my friend so you'd better do a reading on this for me, if you love me," haha, all in good fun.

I kind of miss that, as I don't hang around that crowd any more.

It's nice that your co-workers trust you, SnowCat, and know it's just something you do, and accept that so you could speak freely.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”