Is anyone else an Empath?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
canobiecrazy

Re: Is anyone else an Empath?

Post by canobiecrazy »

I've been told I'm an empath.. and it really does make sense. As the person who told me said, I really can feel like a "sh*t-sponge" during social events.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

wow, that's a very, uh, interesting way of looking at it :|
remember the power of suggestion...
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

Very important tip for an empath... If you sense someone with negative/sad emotions/energy visualize a shield of light around you. Before I mastered it, i used to carry amber in my bra to turn the negative energy positive so I don't absorb the negative energy. A symbol you can do to cancel out someone's energy (reiki type symbol but you do not need to be attuned to use it) is to draw an imaginary Lighting bold over the person (not in an obvious manner) or use your toungue on the roof of your mouth to draw it. Its a cancel/blocking symbol.

It is important as an empath not to take on the emotions rather than to simply experience and leave them.
I AM
Tasariel

Post by Tasariel »

I've been practicing a lot with creating a bubble, or shield between myself and others when I'm in a crowd or a group of people. It's been working out really well! Usually once I visualize the shield, I immediately feel calm and a lot less panicked. The buzz of emotions around me usually smooths out, and I can concentrate on my own happiness much easier. Just felt like sharing. :)
SouthernBelle

Post by SouthernBelle »

I'm an empath for the living and those on the other side. when i get signals from living people it isn't so bad cause i can help them through it most of the time. however when its a spirit it is a little more difficult due to the fact that i can't see them (there has been many a time when i flew into a rage while looking at a house with my mother the real estate agent) im so sensitive i usually avoid parties unless i have about a 1/2 hour to work on my shield because parties can give me anxiety attacks
TheBlackDahlia

Post by TheBlackDahlia »

I am too. At first, I thought I was the cat's pajamas when I first realized that it wasn't like that for everyone, but.. well, with every gift comes a price, I suppose. I was there with my dad during his illness and his death and it was honestly the single most trying experience of my life. I respect it and everything else quite a bit more now, and I've had a lot of experience with it so if I can help anyone, let me know.
Kyrianna

Post by Kyrianna »

i know how you guys feel, no pun intended. being empathic can really suck because we are more sensitive to the energies around us. like for me, i can feel the energies of a person even if we are miles, or states, apart when i text them or call them. long car rides with a big crew are the worst, if you ask me. all those restless energies are super attracted to you. i'm wondering if there's an exercise out ther that can help deflect those energies, or dull them down a bit till i'm alone and can deal with them. thanks
lovelysue

Post by lovelysue »

aphroditemoon wrote:Hey everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone else is an empath. I've been told I'm a Judge Empath (so I have the ability to sense wrongdoing and lies, etc) and I was wondering if anyone else is? How have you learned you are? How do you deal with it? I know for me sometimes it can feel like a burden but I'm happy I was blessed with it.
how did you find out?
I think I'm the same. I've always felt that I'm some kind of human lie detector.
Whenever somebody is lying I get it right away and I know for sure they are lying because I get angry
Gabrielem

Post by Gabrielem »

I think the gift you are referring to (aphroditemoon) is the gift of discernment. It is a gift that allows you to not only see the difference between the truth and a lie, but also the difference between a good or bad spirit. I have been an empath for a long time but have never embraced my gift but I have found that when you bear the burden of someone else's pain, sorrow, anger, hurt, frustration or whatever the joy may be you should meditate to free yourself of the emotion. If it's too strong, stay try to be by yourself for a while.
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

I'm an empath, though I do not know what sort. I can sense other people's thoughts and feelings towards an object or person by just looking at them, usually by their eyes. They give off this...energy that is felt in my mind.
Glad to know there are people like me. I can also sometimes finish people's sentences in my head.
ladymorgaine82

Post by ladymorgaine82 »

Is being empathetic the same as being an empath? I do get "vibes" off of people sometimes and I am not comfortable in large crowds unless I am working or with my husband (he makes me feel safe). I also have a tendency to say the same thing at the same time as some people.
Lady Morgaine

Everyone has a Witch within, only those of us who trust in who we are embrace that part of our soul.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

g-day me lady,...here is a way to look at it... one can be empathetic, by feeling strongly for another's plight, to be an empath... is to become apart of another's plight.
I posted earlier in the thread about setting up protections...this is VERY important, looks like Tas and Present, know about shields ^UP^. good luck guys! Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Mee tooo... all of the above. :( It is draining. I just realized/ learned I am an empath recently. It explains what has been "wrong with me" my whole life, LOL. I am clairsentient too, so not only do I get people's emotions, but animals, spirits, you name it. It IS hard. But I am glad to finally know, because it helps to understand WHY I "feel" so much more than other people and why I feel things that other people are not even aware of. I realized I am an empath and upon talking with my daughter, (with whom I share an uncommon soul connection with) we realized that she is (and always has been) one too. And her youngest daughter who is only 2 is showing definate signs of being empathic also. Go figure. I hate crowds, more than 2 or three people at one time is overwhelming. I always wondered if I was just anti-social, LOL, but there IS a reason I don't enjoy social gatherings. It is like being attacked and swamped. And of course, no-one knows, nor would they understand if I tried to tell them. So my daughter and I seek each others' comfort and council on the whole situation. We are learning, but the whole shielding thing is beyond me , I can't seem to grasp it and make it work, and I don't want to be totally insensitive. Being an empath makes me who I am.
scorpianwoman

Post by scorpianwoman »

Yes I am also empathic always have been as far back as I can remember …when I was a kid I would feel all the pain hurt and sadness from all my school mates it made me stand back I didn’t have a lot of friends a bit of a loner !..
It was just easier to stay aloof never get to close and so as I grew up I became the butterfly going here and there never staying in one place to long. Now days I have learned to zone in and to totally block my feeling I am no longer just a sponge for anyone to hang their negative emotions.
I found it too hard to keep my balance, and turning to crystals and learning to be a crystal healer helped me to really own my gift, I can now choose what I take with me and what I leave behind. I am still open and do not judge but it suits me to be able to tune in and out as I feel the need to, and not just take it all on my emotions, this allows me to be me and not to be always trying to balance because of what I feel.
I also feel nature like storms coming anything that is in pain including animals, as well knowing when others are lying or hiding something or deceit …so as you can understand I had to deal with my gift or else go totally crazy.
It’s just so lovely to be able to talk with people that really understand how it FEELSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to feel everything !...and yes my daughter is also empathic and she was like me born that way  Blessed be !

Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

"It’s just so lovely to be able to talk with people that really understand how it FEELSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS to feel everything !...and yes my daughter is also empathic and she was like me born that way  Blessed be !"

Scorpionwoman, I like the way you put that (FEEELLLSSSSSSSSSSS) It is sssooooo right on. For years I have said that I had a 'knowing thing" that I could not describe, and that I FEEEELLLL so much more strongly than other people. I just recently realized that there is a name for what I have experienced all my life :) and although being an empath does not necessarily feel so good all the time, knowing what it is certainly does. It makes it a whole lot easier to deal with somehow. And wow my daughter is also an empath, and like me was born so. We think her 2 yr old is also. You can watch her as she "FEEELLLS" new situations or her surroundings. We both learned what we were at the same time and now we are TRYING to learn how to manage it and not have it managing us so much. I have begun to learn about gems and crystals, and it is funny, as a child,and all my life really, I have been drawn to rocks and stones. One would catch my attention and in my pocket it would go and i would keep it for years. She was the same way. I never feel so 'connected' as when I can go out and sit on the bare earth or on a large rock. I feel like i am "one" with earth and nature and it feels so peaceful in my soul. OH- and her two yr old loves 'rops' (rocks) as she calls them, just if you hand her one be prepared to have it gleefully fly through the air and smack you in the side of the head. (I learned this lesson at the lake this summer LOL!)

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”