Sucking Up Negative Feelings?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
.xAlyssa.

Sucking Up Negative Feelings?

Post by .xAlyssa. »

Is it possible that I'm sucking up the negative feelings from people? It's really making me feel depressed because it seems like I'm sucking up their negative energy and putting into me, therefor making me feel negative. I don't know if that made sense... And also, if I'm in a room with lots of people and there are a few that are sad, mad or just negative, I'll become that way, then they'll be okay and I suddenly get a HUGE headache. Please help! I don't even want to get out of the house anymore and everytime I go to school, its unbelievable how much of a headache I get like if there's just too much going on!

.xAlyssa.
.xAlyssa.

Post by .xAlyssa. »

I'm also starting to get really tired all the time... More than I used to before. If anyone knows, please tell me what this is.
.xAlyssa.
Taz

Post by Taz »

Learning to shield yourself can be very helpful! This can be done very simply by visualizing a cone of light around yourself, I have heard other folks visualize bubbles around themselves....the intent here is to block others vibes and energies from us.

I like to jazz my shield up abit, sometimes I will incorporate a on-way-valve so that I can continue to spread my good-vibes but does not allow anything to come in. Or filters in your shield so you allow only the good stuff in, or minimize what gets in. Your imagination is the limit!

Daily practice of the the Lesser Banishing ritual of the Pentagram is incredibly good at keeping your self and field around you clean and clear.

Things like smudging can also clean your auric field and brain up if you are feeling muddled and saturated with others emotions.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Hi Alyssa,

that's really quite common, but it's still a problem. And yes, shielding is the key. There are many, many ways to shield and you have one that fits for you. You can go all the way from imagine a cone of light to really say to yourself that there is no need for catching these energies. You can say it's about low selfrespect or you can say you shield is not strong enough or everything in between or around. Whatever fits yourself best.

Sometimes I like to visualize my shield, sometimes I like to visualize how I grow into the earth and all those feelings are drown out of me, sometimes I open up above and send this energy back where it belongs, sometimes I just fill myself with better energies and feelings and sometimes I just say to myself "Stop, that's not about you, stop catching these energies. What's really inside you now?".
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

To everything that's already been said, when ever you're out a need to help regain your composure from these and help set up you shield, just sit/lay down somewhere and when you breath out think of everyone's emotions leaving you, as a black mist leaving your body if you need to, and when you breathe in it being pure light/energy and as you breather there being a growing light around you creating a bubble around you that those nasty emotions of others can't get through and bounce off off. Sometimes something like this helps a lot more in setting up you're shield until you can do it without even realizing it. Hope this helps you and gets you back outside.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

You may also have a psychic vampire in your midst. Theres a hand gesture that I use to protect my energies, as I have met many. have the tips of your thumbs touch, and the tips of your pointer fingers touch. Interlock the rest of your fingers. Your touching fingers should form a diamond shape. Use this whenever you feel like your either losing energy or taking on energy you dislike.
.xAlyssa.

Post by .xAlyssa. »

Thanks for your help! I still keep getting more and more tired though... So whats a psychic vampire?:]

.xAlyssa.
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

Although I like the hand gesture mentioned above, I havent tried it yet. Otherwise I've tried a lot of other techniques mentioned and the only one that works for me is imagining a brick wall between me and other people.

I'm an empath, which is what sounds like you are also. Learn to shield and ground yourself through meditation. Also smudging works... was also suggested above. I always keep some sage with me :)

Love and light.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

A psychic vampire is somebody (or even an astral spirit) that sucks energy from others. Some willingly do it, others don't even know. And sometimes its a spirit. The brick wall that Y0m suggests also works quite well. I had a few people that liked to jumped into my mind and it worked exceedingly well to keep them out.
.xAlyssa.

Re: Sucking Up Negative Feelings?

Post by .xAlyssa. »

Thanks everyone:] I haven't been on lately so I didn't read the rest of your posts but its very helpful and I really appreciate it. Thanks again! I'll post back to tell you how it went.

.xAlyssa.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”