My Tarot Journal - input welcome

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Oura Simone

My Tarot Journal - input welcome

Post by Oura Simone »

I've recently got my first Tarot deck - the Slow Holler Tarot, with which I'm already completely in love, just for the artwork alone!

I will defnitely read some books about Tarot; but for now, my plan is to just regularly do 3 card spreads and interpret them by looking up the meaning of each card as it shows up.

My main goal for now is to get to know the cards. I might start asking more specific questions as I go on.

Let's see if I can keep this up, but my intention is to do several readings a week, and post my results and interpretations here. This journal is meant for myself, but I would also appreciate input from other, possibly more experienced readers.

Cheers!
Oura Simone

Re: My Tarot Journal - input welcome

Post by Oura Simone »

Thursday 27.04.17
Deck: Slow Holler Tarot
Spread: 3 card spread
Question: past/present/future

1) The Precipice (aka The Hanged Man)
2) Two of Vessels (aka Two of Cups)
3) Six of Knives (aka Six of Swords)

Interpretation: The precipice is telling me that I might not be over my depression as much as I’d like to think, and there might still be some lingering darkness from that time. This makes sense to me, as I’ve been feeling like I might be backsliding ever so slightly into old, self-destructive patterns of that time.

The Two of Vessels is observing that my relationship with my boyfriend is a source of good in the present. At least for the moment, see third card…

The Six of Knives tells me to let go of what I don’t really need, and prepare for a major departure. This scares me. I do have some small doubt about my relationship, which keeps gnawing at me, and this card could be referring to that. Or it could be referring to my job, at which I might have reached a plateau; or the city I’m currently living in, where I still feel like a stranger. In any case, I would really like to “nest” in my current situation and build myself a home, but this cards seems to point in the exact opposite direction. I have to admit that my current situation doesn’t really feel like home, and there is a lot of work to be done on that front. But I’m so tired of moving.
Attachments
DSC_0123 2.JPG
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

Monday 01.05.17
Question: past/present/future

1) Seven of Knives (aka Seven of Swords)
2) Four of Knives (aka Four of Swords)
3) Five of Stones (aka Five of Pentacles)

I notice a similar pattern as in the last reading: darkness in the past, contentement in the present, change in the future.

The Seven of Knives stands for accountability towards our communities, according to the Slow Holler booklet; or it stands for diplomacy and hidden agendas, according to Wikipedia and Google. I don’t understand how this relates to my past. The artwork does bear a striking resemblance to The Precipice, which was in that spot on my previous reading.

The Four of Knives assures me that it’s ok that I have been feeling more introverted and withdrawn lately.

In its artwork, the Five of Stones shows treasures as a result of being withdrawn, which relates to my interpretation of the Four of Knives. However, the most common interpretation appears to be fundamental changes and hardship to come, possibly financial hardship. This may relate to the Six of Knives, which was in that spot on my previouis reading. This worries me. Does this mean I’m supposed to save money? Because I’ve actually been thinking that I want to start spending more money in general, to make my life a little easier and more pleasurable.
Attachments
DSC_0124 2.JPG
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

Tuesday 02.05.17
Questions: What can I change? What can't I change? Where do I turn for help? (all questions regarding the potentially difficult changes in the future the last two readings seemed to be warning of.)

1) Death reversed
2) Four of Knives (aka Four of Swords) reversed
3) Student of Knives (aka Page of Swords) reversed

Interpretation: Ok, ok, I get it. A change is coming up. My thoughts go immediately to relationship and/or job/finances, since changes in those areas would uproot me the most. Another possible aspect would be housing.

Death reversed seems to indicate an unwillingness to let go. So this is the thing I can change: letting go of what's holding me back. It's not what I want to hear, and it irritates me.

Losing my job/breaking up/moving house is not what I want, so my hope is that the change in question is of a different kind, even if it's in those areas of my life.

Four of Knives again, this time reversed. It seems the card stands for restlessness, procrastination, stagnation. As an answer to what I can't change, this doesn't make immediate sense to me. It might be warning me of procrastination and stagnation, but that seems more like something I can change...

Where I can get help: The reversed aspect of the card doesn't make sense to me, but if the Student of Knives is telling me that I can help myself by being enthusiastic, reading and gathering information, writing down my thoughts, and starting new projects... well, that's already what I'm trying to do, so that's nice to hear...

Perhaps the Four of Knives reversed is telling me that some stagnation and frustration is inevitable. This matches with my interpretation of the previous reading ("it's ok to be passiv and withdrawn for now."), and it also makes sense to my current situation. I have a full time job, which leaves me with very little time and energy to start and advance my own projects, eventhough I often feel quite inspired.
Attachments
DSC_0126.JPG
Oura Simone

Post by Oura Simone »

Wednesday 03.05.17
Questions: What to do/What not to do/Things to look out for. The intention was to get a "lighthearted" reading, less about big life decisions and more about small everyday things.

1) Four of Stones (aka Four of Pentacles) reversed
2) Architect of Stones (aka King of Pentacles)
3) Three of Knives (aka Three of Swords)

Interpretation: I asked for a "light" reading, but my first impression is that those cards don't feel "light". I don't have much energy right now, so I'm gonna try and keep this short. This post is for my own archival purposes mostly.

What to do: The reversed aspect of the card doesn't make much sense to me as an answer to that question. Ignoring that, I'm not sure whether the card is telling me to gather my resources, or whether to let go of things.

What not to do: This is a very positive card about achieving things. And I should... not do that? Doesn't make much sense to me, and also seems to go against my interpretaion of the Student of Knives in my last reading.

Things to look out for: Betrayal, heartbreak. Ouch... Given that this reading is supposed to be about "lighthearted" things, the card might be referring to my online dating endeavours. That's the only aspect in my life I can think of where I could experience heartbreak, without it being too severe.
Attachments
DSC_0128.JPG

Return to “Tarot Talk”