Did a spread

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Floyd Pinkerton

Did a spread

Post by Floyd Pinkerton »

And honestly, the answers really make sense in accordance with my current situation, if I take the little booklet that came with my new deck seriously. I did a two paths spread, to see which choice I should be making. I asked about my relationship, because that's what's causing the most turmoil in my life right now. Apparently, either way--whether we break up or we stay together--it doesn't end really well. According to the cards, if we break up, I have to completely change my lifestyle and who I am in order to move forward in life. And if we stay together, I have to fight against a mental disorder that I have to force myself to not be so impulsive. And we have to learn to communicate, which, trying to get him to communicate is like trying to drag a donkey somewhere when he's already decided he isn't moving.

Should I be taking this spread seriously, or taking it as advice on what to do? I don't want to break up, but I've gotten myself into a very sticky situation where any and all outcomes are no good to either of us. I'm not sure how to take this spread. I can post the spread/card info, if somebody else wants to give their own interpretation of it, if that would make this easier. I'm just not sure what to make of the outcome of this spread.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Did a spread

Post by SnowCat »

The spreads are showing you possibilities. The outcomes of the spreads aren't written in stone, they're written in pencil. Take the possibilities that you're being shown, and decide what you want to do.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Did a spread

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I think if you consult the cards you should always take what they reveal seriously. You did a spread to show you two different paths, and yes, either path will be difficult but not impossible to manage. I'm sure you already knew this though right? It's always incredibly hard to break up and start over. And, if things were easy in this relationship as it is, you probably wouldn't have consulted the cards, so you knew staying together was going to be hard too. Only you can decide which path you want to fight through.

If I'm searching for advice, I find myself being very very careful about my wording when doing a reading. I think for a while about exactly how to phrase my question. I would never ask the cards "should I break up with so and so" only because if they tell me yes, that's going to be hard to accept and do, and I know that going into the reading. I might ask something more like "what I can I do to bring joy back into my relationship?" Or, what should I do in this situation to be truly happy". Now, that doesn't mean that the advice will be something that's easy to do, but at least it wasn't a question that wasn't so "cut and dry" if you will, that it told me I needed to do something that deep down I really didn't want to do.

So depending on which path you choose you might consult the cards for different advice such as: if you choose to break up, "what types of things should I change about my lifestyle first to make the transition easier?" Or, if you stay together "what can I do to make him feel more comfortable opening up and communicating with me". Try to avoid serious 3rd party readings asking how to change him, you don't want to mess with free will or become manipulative (even if you think it's for the best it will come back and bite you I believe). I hope this helped some.

Rosie
Floyd Pinkerton

We ended up separating for the time being. I had to move back in with my mom at her house, and he's living where we used to live together. These are just life situations and sometimes they're not preferable. Is there a spread I can do to see what the outcome of this is going to be? Or should I just let the cards not be involved with any negativity and see where things go on their own? I'm so lost.
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Floyd Pinkerton wrote:We ended up separating for the time being. I had to move back in with my mom at her house, and he's living where we used to live together. These are just life situations and sometimes they're not preferable. Is there a spread I can do to see what the outcome of this is going to be? Or should I just let the cards not be involved with any negativity and see where things go on their own? I'm so lost.
I think a more important question to ask yourself is what do you want out of this situation? And, then ask the card what you should do to achieve that outcome. Nothing is set in stone. Just jumping to the cards and asking how things will end may not be the most productive question to bring to the cards. What if it says something you don't like? Make your questions more about you and your actions and how you can affect your future positively is my suggestion. Good luck!

Rosie
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Floyd Pinkerton wrote:We ended up separating for the time being. I had to move back in with my mom at her house, and he's living where we used to live together. These are just life situations and sometimes they're not preferable. Is there a spread I can do to see what the outcome of this is going to be? Or should I just let the cards not be involved with any negativity and see where things go on their own? I'm so lost.
Oh you poor thing, it must be really hard on you right now. Put away your cards for the time being, it is not fair to yourself to read under these emotional circumstances! Do not be tempted!

It is all still a very new situation, so take things calmly and try and not mull over what happened. Move on you are young and deserve better :)
Floyd Pinkerton

So, an update. We ended up fully breaking up; he's being basically a major child about the whole thing and was basically making my life hell. I ended up meeting someone new and now I'm happier than I've ever been before. Didn't use cards to see what would happen or anything, just let life play itself out, and I'm VERY happy with how things ended up. And now I don't get made fun of for being involved with this kinda stuff, so that's even better! In fact, my new boyfriend even actually asks me to teach him stuff and wants me to teach him how to work with crystals and tarot cards, so this is like a perfect match. :D
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Awsome news Pinkerton! Don't be a stranger, eh? Maybe you can get the new beau on here too?!
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Floyd Pinkerton

firebirdflys wrote:Awsome news Pinkerton! Don't be a stranger, eh? Maybe you can get the new beau on here too?!
Bb, Firebird
Maybe, if I'm lucky :lol:
I also had another question, and didn't want to make a new thread. I did a spread just now, and for the "potential future" card, I got The Moon. The booklet didn't really help much, and I'm wondering what this is supposed to mean. Any ideas?

Return to “Tarot Talk”