Path of the Hex

If you'd like to have your own blog here, start yourself a thread. Use your member name somewhere in the title so people will know who you are. The blogs here should be mostly about your spiritual path and beliefs.
L.J.Hex

Re: Path of the Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:Intuitive. Your book is you. Your spells are you. Signature = you stand by your creation. I like that.
Thank you. Such kind words... :fairy:

Lately I have been drawn to colour red in everything. I bought some clothes in red, I'm wearing a red shirt right now, I even added some more red on my BoS front cover. I have been burning a lot of red candles and I even bought a red altar cloth. I don't know whats this thing about the colour, but it just lately speaks to me. I've liked red and black for a long time, its such a powerful combination. Red, black and white happen to be our national colours here in Karelia, so its familiar combination and definitely very powerful. I'm just wondering on its magickal use... This combination has interesting correspondences.

Lately anything to do with fire has been resonating with me a lot, maybe my new fascination of colour red has to do with that?

Oh and that reminds me, I read (and saved) very interesting topic on the kitchen magic forum about how to make black salt. That gave me an idea, what if I made "fire salt" by grinding down lava rock (I have some of those somewhere, again I need to go find them.) to a powder and then combining it with salt, that could be nice ingredient for fire magic and it would be easy to use substance for fire/earth type of thing. Just an idea, but I might find a use for it as I do have some lava rocks lying around.
By my feet the flowers of witchery abloom.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

White, red &' black are the three basic moon goddess colors: white is the crescent maiden moon, red is the mother full moon, & black is the elder crone moon; Ochre red & yellow and charcoal black were the 1st colors "invented" by stone age artists to use in cave paintings. So red, yellow, black & white naturally became early color correspondences for the elements & are used by some Trad-witches in quartered wheel designs (X).

If you ever want to eat fire salt use hot paprika instead of rock, OK? Otherwise lava rock seems like a fire correspondence to me too.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:White, red &' black are the three basic moon goddess colors: white is the crescent maiden moon, red is the mother full moon, & black is the elder crone moon; Ochre red & yellow and charcoal black were the 1st colors "invented" by stone age artists to use in cave paintings. So red, yellow, black & white naturally became early color correspondences for the elements & are used by some Trad-witches in quartered wheel designs (X).

If you ever want to eat fire salt use hot paprika instead of rock, OK? Otherwise lava rock seems like a fire correspondence to me too.
Yea, I didn't think about eating the stuff. :lol: Just using it for fire magic or as a easy way to symbolise earth/fire.

Interesting how the thing with the colours seem to "fit". One of those things about being in the flow about it. White/red/black is such a nice combination visually too.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

I guess its bit funny to be so precise and artistic with something that is essentially a diary... But for some reason I feel like I have to and that it will be worth the effort. I'm making new content pages at the moment, mostly just to keep track on where everything is. Makes it feel much more like a real book instead of just a diary. Its lot of work, now I'm paying real attention on the calligraphy. I will post pictures when I'm done.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Enough for today. One page and it took the whole day to do, I'm talking about the one on the right. And its not even finished yet, its still missing the spell/poem thing the other one has. Also the page numbers are missing because I'm not yet started with writing down correspondences, I'm using that awesome thread on the forum here, so much good information to put down.

I'm redoing these pages as the originals just weren't what I wanted of them. Also the paper in my book is rather thin and these are the first ones you see after the title page, so I want to have them made from really good sturdy paper. Two (almost) done and two more to go, that's not today's thing though as I'm not yet sure about the contents, I will most likely make the pages ready, just not add all the titles in as that will keep on going as things develop.

I'm also diving my diary into two 100 page long sections, the first is in the end of the first book, the second will be in the end of the whole thing.

Tell me I'm crazy for planning to write a 761 page book and make title pages like these? :lol:

EDIT:
If you're interested into symbolism on these pages, on the page for Book I, there's one wine growing, on the second pages, there's two of them. There's black and white goddess symbol on the roman numeral in black and white just like altar candles. On the second page there are again 54 flowers. I'm planning to have the III and IV pages have the same thing with wines, it grows thicker on each page. Also the wine is modelled after what is called "thread of life" in Finnish, I have no idea about the English name for it, but its a nasty weed if in a wrong place as its super strong and it grows extremely fast and its nearly impossible to get rid of. Its very beautiful thought, it has either white or purple flowers which just happen to be shaped like a pentagram. ;)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hymph. My book is a wimpy 500 pages. Yea, yo' crazy, man. Enjoy it!

Your vine reminds me of a Wandering Jew; the small pink flowers are 3 lobed . My IPad won't let me copy a pic.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Nice. Have you considered inking people?
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:Hymph. My book is a wimpy 500 pages. Yea, yo' crazy, man. Enjoy it!

Your vine reminds me of a Wandering Jew; the small pink flowers are 3 lobed . My IPad won't let me copy a pic.
And you finished that 500 pages? :D Its a lot of work. I was consciously picking a book which has big enough pages and a LOT of space to write things, I'm quite certain it will take several years to finish it even if I write something every day which I know wont happen knowing how absent minded I can get. And definitely not all of it wont be like these pages are, the diary is just a diary, but all the more important things will receive a ink pen treatment and nicer calligraphy.

Btw, the plant that we call the thread of life, seems to be called Morning Glory in English. The most typical one in here is the one with white flowers, but I thought to draw the one with purple ones, just because of the colour correspondence and it looks better on paper.
Mr Crowley wrote:Nice. Have you considered inking people?
Not really, I don't think I'm consistent enough to do that, maybe with practice I would, but never thought of that in any seriousness.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Dude, you could ink!

I'm always looking for ways to make money, typical American, well-ingrained after 12 generations!
I'm not into ink, don't have any, don't want any. Regardless, ink has become beyond a plague in the US. Just like the most powerful magic rules, the best ink image-maker kills it.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I've been working on my book off & on over 20+ years &'have about 80 pages left.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Mr Crowley wrote:Dude, you could ink!

I'm always looking for ways to make money, typical American, well-ingrained after 12 generations!
I'm not into ink, don't have any, don't want any. Regardless, ink has become beyond a plague in the US. Just like the most powerful magic rules, the best ink image-maker kills it.
I guess so if I put some effort in practising it. :)

Same here, its crazily popular. I don't have any either. I'm not sure if I ever will.
SpiritTalker wrote:I've been working on my book off & on over 20+ years &'have about 80 pages left.
That's a long time, I bet there's no page without the margins being full of notes. Lets see how long mine will take, I have a tendency to work a lot in one go, then periodically very little or nothing at all until the inspiration hits me again. It depends, with all the good information I keep finding, there's always things to add.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Margins?
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

SpiritTalker wrote:Margins?
Did I eff up my English somehow? :mrgreen: I meant that if you've been writing your book for that long time, I doubt there's a page which isn't full of notes. I need more coffee as I'm clearly brain farting. :lol:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oh no, your English is fine. I just didn't leave margins.
L.J.Hex

Post by L.J.Hex »

Yea, I was kind of saying that in metaphoric sense anyway. :)

I have been writing the diary part of my book a lot. In cursive, its crazy how soon I'm picking it up again after almost twenty year break from it. The text is already twice as small as when I started and I'm writing a lot. Hard to believe it as I'm normally not very good on keeping a diary. But this time it means more than just every day ramblings. There's that too, but now it feels all the more meaningful. There's magic in words.

Return to “Members' Personal Blogs”