I heard that to astral travel, you must...

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
SeekerGray

I heard that to astral travel, you must...

Post by SeekerGray »

have no fear of leaving your body.

The problem is, I'm scared of everything!

I have done it before, involuntarily, yet I just cannot get over the fear of being separated from my body again.

I mean, my fears are rational (for example; my parents walking in my room with me unconscious, never returning to my body, demonic possession, ect...), and yet, I still at least want to have the ability to do it.

Do any of you have any ideas on how to make my fear subside?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Meditation and relaxing really will help. But I'm a firm believer of your body not allowing you to AP unless you are physically, emotionally and spiritually ready for it anyway.
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

hedge wrote:Meditation and relaxing really will help. But I'm a firm believer of your body not allowing you to AP unless you are physically, emotionally and spiritually ready for it anyway.
Thank you for your insight. I always find it helpful in some way, and I enjoy reading it as well. :D

By the way, would amethyst help in any way with AP? I know it would help with the meditation process, but would it help my fears subside a little?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

What is it that scares you SG?
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

The more specific question is, what doesn't scare me?

I've always been afraid of everything. Even in my earliest memories, I knew I was afraid of something. I don't know...it's very strange. It's like, I can't ever be brave. That is why my first spell was a protection spell: because I was just so fearful in general.

I think that with this specific topic though, is that I'm afraid I might learn something that I won't be able to accept, something that would absolutely rip apart all of my thoughts on life in general until now.

That would truly be frightening.
XxVampirePuppyxX

Post by XxVampirePuppyxX »

i know it sounds completely stupid but i dont know like how t ofully do it do you leave your eyes open or closed casue ive been told different from different ppl :?
nini

Post by nini »

fear of the unknown? maybe a little self-confidence will help...

carry your amethyst and focus on it whenever the fear is there.
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

nini wrote:fear of the unknown? maybe a little self-confidence will help...

carry your amethyst and focus on it whenever the fear is there.
I don't have any amethyst yet. I'm waiting to find a really good piece that I know is 'the one'.

Still, I really don't think I'll be astral traveling soon. :(
-Seeker Gray-

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence."
Aleister Crowley
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Why the rush?

You know if you rush something it's not going to be filled with as much love and care as something that you would take your time over!

You won't AP if you're still scared - that is something I truly believe. You have to have freedom of earthly emotions and physical restrains for your astral body to separate. Again that is something I believe in - I don't have proof and neither do I require proof.

Vampyr - your eyes should be closed hun and it's a very similar process to meditating.
Meditating is an excellent practice.
But there's the key word - PRACTICE!

There's been an influx of posts on AP'ing just lately and I've already said in one of those posts that I have an excellent ebook about Robert Peterson's experiences with Astral Travel. It is one of the best books on this subject that I have ever read.

I will email the book to anyone who pm's and asks.
:D
nini

Post by nini »

just a tip when buying crystal...

try to hold the crystal with your left/right hand and move it across your opposite palm. if you feel tinging sensation (sometimes you feel hot/cold on where the crystal passed by) then that's it...
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot
SeekerGray

Post by SeekerGray »

nini wrote:just a tip when buying crystal...

try to hold the crystal with your left/right hand and move it across your opposite palm. if you feel tinging sensation (sometimes you feel hot/cold on where the crystal passed by) then that's it...
Thanks! I'll try that next time I'm buying crystals. :D
-Seeker Gray-

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence."
Aleister Crowley
Morbid_Rogue

Post by Morbid_Rogue »

I know this is out of the blue but....
I have been astral projecting since 5 my great-grandmother taught me Everything I need to know...

It is especially helpful?
Alot of times I use Astral-projection instead of scrying...

So I have some tips...

Before projecting think of a special place and after feeling calm slowly image that you are some where else.
I am not sure if this will help but it might lessen your fear.
XxVampirePuppyxX

Post by XxVampirePuppyxX »

=] thank yew hedge i just brought me a book and omg its soo useful its like everything yew needa know about anything all in one its called "the ultimate book of shadows for the new generation solitary witch" by silver ravenwolf

its helped me oh so much
kitchenwitch

Post by kitchenwitch »

Morbid_Rogue wrote:I know this is out of the blue but....
I have been astral projecting since 5 my great-grandmother taught me Everything I need to know...

It is especially helpful?
Alot of times I use Astral-projection instead of scrying...

So I have some tips...

Before projecting think of a special place and after feeling calm slowly image that you are some where else.
I am not sure if this will help but it might lessen your fear.
Hi: I was wondering if this is my leaving my body. Many times I was between awake and asleep or so I thought and I felt like I was floating. If I gave into it It seemed more real, if I didn't I would awake. The last one I had, I saw these beautiful moving circles of color. Can anyone describe how it feels so I know if it is what I experience? There was one time I was in what I thought was heaven, and I heard a voice Command "Wake Up," and when I did I had the floaty feeling of coming back, and also had knocked a pillow over my nose. I woke up flinging the thing off of me.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Kitchenwitch, you need to start a new topic. Please don't post on old topics if you are starting a new conversation. If you would like to repost this question as a new topic, Moonstone or I will delete this post here (Moonstone, you can delete my post as well.)

I have felt the floaty feeling many times as well. Most OBE authors say that that is what happens when you are about to leave your body (or rather, you have left your body but are still attached energetically). If you relax into it and project your mind to another location (your living room, your backyard) you will go there. Do not think about or look back at your body or you will get zapped back into it. A great book to read is Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide to Out-of-Body Experience.

Bright Blessings,

P.S. I have a copy of this post Moonstone. If she starts her own thread, PM me about it and repost my post.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”