My very first lucid experience 3 nights ago

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Nukey

My very first lucid experience 3 nights ago

Post by Nukey »

I had one of the most bizarre lucid dreams where I actually knew I was dreaming and thought logically as well as knowing I was dreaming while acknowledging it.

Ill just explained what happened in the dream.

I remember myself being in a bathroom. This bathroom I had never been in before, I was completely unfamiliar with the surroundings. to my left there was a bathtub and shower (the shower on the same side as the door), but the bath wasn't as long as the room was, so only streched half way. Next to the bath and opposite the entrance is a small cupboard with a work surface on, I think it was marble and about a meter and a half long. There was a shower curtain on the side of the shower by the door but on the right side of the room I couldn't recall anything. Also, I can't remember the floor colour, there were no windows and the walls were cream/white.

First of all I walk into the room, and I have clothes on. I stepped into the bath and pulled the shower curtain slightly. I turned on the shower and it was cold, yet still had my clothes on. The water started to heat up and someone (I can't recall) exited the room after adjusting the nozzle.

It was at this point where the dream was different. Instead of just watching through it and letting things happen, I actually used my mind to think in a dream, something I have never been able to do before.

The water was getting too hot so I stepped out onto the side, and turned it down, avoiding the water. I then got out of the bathtub.

I turned round to look at the wall to the left and I saw something on the wall. It was black and was stuck on the wall. It was round and handsized as well as being shiny. It was really odd because I pictured myself looking closely at this object and there was a red neon light going around it's base; something kept telling me it was some sort of temperature adjustment.

I got back into the bathtub and went to turn it. At this point it seems I were shorter, because it was only up on the wall at about 4ft or so. Something then seemed very strange about the whole situation. I felt in control and it felt almost safe, safe in the way that I didn't have to worry about dreams ending badly.

I got out at the end of the bathtub and it felt like I was going faint. I was thinking to myself "come on, think about this, whats going on" and then it suddenly clicked. I then said out loud that I am dreaming.

"Oh my god Im dreaming" I kept saying and then tried to distract myself. I started to sing a favourite song of mine, then stopped. "I must get out of this" I kept saying to myself. "Something is going to go wrong and it'll end badly." Also there wad things going through my mind like "Ive got to brace myself, I'm going to fall in a minute and wake up"

It was mixed feelings at this point so I decided I wanted to end the dream. I went to the work surface and started to push myself up with my hands on it (it must have been about 4ft tall). I then sat down at the end of the bath and started banging my head on the side of the bath. I recognised the black bath panels from my old home but the strange thing was, I felt no pain at all.

It wasnt working. Normally something like that would have woken me up with a shudder, like in a falling dream, but it didn't. I then stood up and thought "here we go, I have to do this" and started making a strange growling noise. I became very terrified and scared myself. I then woke with a shudder.

It was really strange with the fact that I was totally in control of the dream. I have never ever had this happen to me before, and it was a very terrifying experience. I normally anaylise dreams and their meanings and I have had a lot of strange dreams in the past but that was the first time it had ever happened to me.

What do you reckon? Could this be the beginning of a few experiences? I think the fact that I am giving up smoking (cold) could be a factor in it too, as I have been told this makes dreaming more vivid. That was truly a first and was an unforgettable experience I had ever had in my life.
[aphrodite]

Post by [aphrodite] »

Well I have had weird dreams before but never in control, You may be right in thinking this is just getting started. I have had the same dream for years now about living in a castle ( it seemed slightly modern ) but could never tell who I was with even though at the time I fely as if I knew them.

Last time I had the dream (couple of months ago) my boyfriend dave was the person I was with. I always thought that was strange, could never tell who it was till I met dave.

Let me know if you have anymore, or recurring dreams like that.
Sorry couldn't be much help.

Blessed be
Aphrodite
XXX
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

It could well be that you will begin to more dream insidants like that, espeacialy if you are trying to, and are hoping on a consious level to do it. I often have dreams in which I am driving a car, and the brakes give out when I try to stop. Lately, I have often been aware that I am dreaming, as soon as the brakes fail. From there, I can do something about the car, instead of hitting something.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”