Did I astral?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Jericho

Did I astral?

Post by Jericho »

I attempted to do an astral projection last night using JBRaven's technique on astral projection. I calmed my mind by taking deep breaths for 3-5 minutes, and then I start repeating in my head "astral project" over and over. After a short while, I felt my body moving, but I was completely still at the same time. It was a weird sensation.
QUICK NOTE: I'm deaf, so I do my astral projections without my hearing aids as to avoid being interrupted.
Another short while after, I felt this really loud ping in my head, almost real. It hit my ear drums and rang like a small bell. I sometimes get sounds like these before I go to sleep, although it's a tad bit rare. I then continued to repeat the two words in my head until I felt no more sensations. Then I wake up, and I'm still in my room, everything's the same.

Did I do something wrong? Did I astral? Weird stuff...I attempted the same technique just 20 minutes ago, and the results are exactly the same. I'm still here on the physical plane, because I went downstairs to see my family and they're still there. :/
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: Did I astral?

Post by Symandinome »

your physical body doesnt actually go anywhere its your spirit that leaves your body and travels to places. Astral travel takes a long time to master for most. you have to work on your creative visualization skills. In order to astral travel you have to achieve the state of consiciousness that is best equated to the time when you are about to fall asleep but are still awake or when your daydreaming. This is called alpha consciousness. you have to get your mind into that brainwave vibration pattern first and once you have done that then with your mind you picture your spirit stepping out of your body that is just laying there and see it connected with a silver cord to your belly button on your physical body. You should be seeing your self look down on your physical body. at that point with your mind think about where it is you would like to go and then let your spirit go there. Your spirit knows the way to all places.

you should be seeing things as though you are seeing htem with your eyes and not like you are watching it in a movie.

you know you have done it right when you can tell your spirit to go to the kitchen cabinet and see yourself opening the doors and making a mental note of what tems are there and in what order.

when you are ready to return to your body and waking consciosness you can either same home home home or wake up wake up wake up *obviously in your mind not aloud* this will bring your spirit back to your body and you will be awake like normal like you snapped out of a day dream.

you can test yourself by doing the thing with the kitchen cabinets and then when your awake go check to see if you were right. If you were right guess what...you astral traveled.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”