How to find out if someon is a Crystal, Indigo, or Rainbow?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
wolfscream95

How to find out if someon is a Crystal, Indigo, or Rainbow?

Post by wolfscream95 »

Is there a way, other than simply looking for characteristics, to test if someone is an Indigo child or a Rainbow Warrior?
I would be very grateful for any help on this matter!
Thanks in advance.
-Gizzy.x
shadowx
Banned Member

Re: How to find out if someon is a Crystal, Indigo, or Rainb

Post by shadowx »

None of those titles exist. They are new age inventions for people who need a label in order to feel like they are someone.

You are you, you arent an indigo child or "rainbow warrior" (Seriously.. Who came up with that name? Jesus...), accept yourself for who you are. You may well have heailing abilities or whatever else but that doesnt mean anything, just be you!
wolfscream95

Re: How to find out if someone is a Crystal, Indigo, or Rain

Post by wolfscream95 »

I guess that they are just labels, but there is also no mistaking the fact that there are many people who fit perfectly into the categories the describe. I, for one, have never been one for labels; at school I was often the child that people would scream "goth" at just for sometimes wearing black. Although, I have a friend who is unaware of the world of witchcraft and shamanisn. She has never before delved into anything remotely spiritual or phsycic, and as far as I know has been an atheist all her life, but the vibes that radiate from her are intense. She's not very outgoing, nor exceedingly introverted either, but she can read people she has known for seconds as thouh she has known them forever. That in itself can't just be nothing, right? I'm convinced that she's what we have labeled and "indigo", which is one reason I would love to know if there is any way to test the fact completely...
Thanks for the feedback, Shadow. (:
-Gizzy.x
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

But what is it you want to test exactly?

I hate these labels "Star child" "indigo child" etc... they are rubbish! If there is a specific trait you want to test (eg the ability to sense auras, or the ability to heal etc...) then fair enough, but you cant test for "indigo child" since it doesnt exist, the *traits* of what we call indigo children do of course exist though.
wolfscream95

Post by wolfscream95 »

I'm not sure what I want to test for, really... There are many sources that say that indigo children have a particular feeling or "colour" to their aura, but I don't even know where to begin to sense something like that!
I can relate to how you feel about the labels. I wasn't entirely convinced when I heard them myself, but the abilities associated with them intrigued me deeply. When I first heard about the children of the rainbow warriors, I think I almost laughd at the name, but after reading over the prophecies linked to them I had tears on my face and chills down my spine.
There may be groups of people with a higher sense of "power" though, and I would adore being able to test my friend fully, if she would let me, of course. I just don't know exactly how, and I don't yet have much control over my own abilities either.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Well it's easy. If new age were a field of scientific research, you would claim the label "indigo child" and put some items to it (like reading auras or whatever). Then you check if those items really deserve a new name or if it's to similiar to something else (like having hallucinations, mental illness). Then you set up a questionnaire with regards to the scientific standards of questionnaires. Then you evaluate it at least 3 years. And after that you have something called "indigo child" and this is what you defined at the begiining and just someone who scores best at this special questionnaire. After that you have to figure out what those items actually means and how they relate to other stuff.

So, of course nobody has done that. So you can just read up what it's supposed to mean, see if you can relate with this and think about if this helps you or not. For some people this label is helpful for others it isn't. So it's more important for you to see how you would feel with this label. No one can tell you if you are an "indigo child" or not, cause this is not clearly defined.
wolfscream95

Post by wolfscream95 »

Thank you for you help, fellas. Much appreciated! (:
Serena

Post by Serena »

Indigo children is a pseudoscientific label given to children who are claimed to possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on New Age concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe. The concept of indigo children gained popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding belief in the idea of indigo children and their nature and abilities. These beliefs range from their being the next stage in human evolution or possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy to the belief that they are simply more empathic and creative than their peers.

Although there are no scientific studies to give credibility to the existence of any indigo children, or their traits, the phenomenon appeals to some parents whose children have been diagnosed with learning disabilities and parents seeking to believe that their children are special. This is viewed by skeptics as a way for parents to avoid proper (and generally pharmaceutical) pediatric treatment or a psychiatric diagnosis which implies imperfection. The list of traits used to describe the children has also been criticized for being vague enough to be applied to almost anyone, a form of the Forer effect. The phenomenon has been criticized as a means of making money from credulous parents through the sales of related products and services.

Origins
The term "indigo children" originates with parapsychologist and self-described synesthete and psychic, Nancy Ann Tappe who developed the concept in the 1970s. Tappe published the book Understanding Your Life Through Color in 1982 describing the concept, stating that during the mid 1960s she began noticing that many children were being born with "indigo" auras (in other publications Tappe has said the color indigo came from the "life colors" of the children which she acquired through her synesthesia). The idea was later popularized by the 1998 book The Indigo Children: The New Kids Have Arrived, written by husband and wife self-help lecturers Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. The promotion of the concept by Tober and Carroll brought greater publicity to the topic, soon their book became the primary source on "indigo children". They describe the goal of indigo children to be a remaking of the world into one lacking war, trash and processed food.

In 2002, an international conference on indigo children was held in Hawaii, drawing 600 attendees, with subsequent conferences the following years in Florida and Oregon. The concept was popularized and spread further by a feature film and documentary released in 2005, both directed by James Twyman, a New Age writer.

Susan W. Whedon suggests in an 2009 article in Nova Religio that the social construction of Indigo Children is a response to an "apparent crisis of American childhood." Whedon explains that the crisis is evident in the increase in "diagnoses of ADD and ADHD in American children", and that "heightened awareness of youth violence" caused parents to "take matters in their own hands." Parents began medicating and diagnosing their offspring as Indigo Children as a means of "redeeming" them for their improper behavior stemming from ADD and ADHD.

Characteristics
Descriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends and family as being strange; possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose; and also exhibit a strong inclination towards spiritual matters from early childhood. Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, and resistance to authority. According to Tober and Carroll, indigo children function poorly in conventional schools due to their rejection of authority, being smarter than their teachers, and a lack of response to guilt-, fear- or manipulation-based discipline.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”