Astral Projection help?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
FourFangs

Astral Projection help?

Post by FourFangs »

I've been trying to project for about 2 or 3 years and haven't been very successful. I've blacked out once before while attempting to project and sometimes I get lightheaded, but other than that nothing really happens. I think my biggest problem is trying to shift my conciousness from my physical body to my astral body. How do I do that?
Seaspirit

Post by Seaspirit »

Are you sending your spirit out of you somehow...?

I have heard of a 'rope' method, where you visualize a rope and visualize yourself climbing it up...

Or you could use any visualization methods. I visualize myself climbing and then I start to feel a levitation feeling...I then, go with this and feel and visualize myself start to float and drift up. It works for me :P
In Light is birthed discovery.....in discovery is birthed the journey of power.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

I guess you are trying to hard and have to much expectations of how you should experience it so you aren't able to see what you are actually experiencing. YOu can't see any success when you are looking in the wrong direction. Try to be a bit more open and without any expectations. You are surely experiencing something so far but only didn't see it.
luna22

Re: Astral Projection help?

Post by luna22 »

I've been struggling with this too, and the closest I've gotten while actively trying to do so was when I imagined myself sinking rather than floating. I fell asleep, entered a dream, called upon a word (which is related to someone I believed would be on the astral plane at that time), and then was quickly pulled up through a red/pink crystal-like tunnel... I felt wind, but thought "no, shit! (it's finally happening)" and immediately fell back and woke up before I got to my destination (I think my initial reaction may have been translated as negative).

It's easier for some more than others, but I've seen a correlation between spiritual people and their drugs too ;)
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

I may have had it accidentally once when I was about 16. I had a dream, or so I thought, where I was looking down into a darkened room (from the ceiling) Once I got my bearings I realized it was the bedroom to the girl I had just broken up with. I moved and the result was like swimming through water, going through a wall and looking down on the dining room/kitchen. I was like "WTF" and poof woke up.

Never had anything like that happen again, dream or whatever else it could have been. Think this could have been an actual out-of-body experience?
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

I could say how one could enter the spirit realm.. but for entering the spirit realm you need to know how to defend yourself. I'll only tell those who pm me and convince me there they can go there without getting hurt how to go there. That means if you are not mentally and emotionally stable enough I still wont say in a pm.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”