Confusion about OBE's

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Robertw999

Confusion about OBE's

Post by Robertw999 »

I read online that OBE is caused by DMT is a chemical in the brain that causes hallucinations they say.... And it is believed out of body is hallucinations unless you have specific details that you remember... Like if you saw your mom come in and put your underwear on your dresser during your out of body experience and you awake from the out of body and there is underwear on your dresser then it was real.... Anyone have something happen like this before?

Skeptic/Magician James Randi says he had an out of body experience but he knows it was fake... He says he was floating above the room and he said he saw his cat in his roomamd these green bed sheets folded on his bed but when he awoke he realized the cat was outside all night and there was no green bed sheets folded on his bed... Maybe this was a dream?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

As with anything in magick, but especially with things involving the third eye and visualisation proof is the key. It is no good hearing a voice in your head telling you stuff and then never checking it out because you could just be psychotic. But if the voice tells you that in 5 minutes you'll get a phone call and then the phone rings 5 minutes later...thats different.

scepticism is key! I often get bashed for not believing in this that or the other but what would happen if we believed everything we felt or heard? We would be loonies!!! Question it, if it makes sense *then* believe it.
Xal

Post by Xal »

OBE's or projections are real. And if you practice them enough you will find that you can view someone doing something and later confirm it with them.

However sometimes when one projects they will see things different colors or things that aren't there. The reason for this is when one etherically projects they are in an in between state. They are between this dimension and the astral plane. Sort of reality 3.5 Because of this things can bleed over from the astral plane.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I do believe they are real, in the same way i believe it is possible to hear a spirit voice in your mind. At the same time i know that not everyone who hears voices is perfectly.... Capable... lets say.

Same goes for visions and experiences.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi There!

OBEs are real for those who have experienced them. I agree with ShadowX question everything! If you feel that you may have had an OBE or astraled out of your body try to confirm something you saw happen in the OBE and that will help you see if that was an OBE or not. Best of luck!

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”