A wierd experience. Is this an OBE?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Cataryn

A wierd experience. Is this an OBE?

Post by Cataryn »

Hi all. Ok I had this strange thing happen to me two nights ago. I'm not sure if this was just a crazy dream or if it was for real.
I went to bed exhausted (about 1 A.M.). I shut off the light and closed my eyes. I'm not sure how much time had past (it felt like a couple minutes). All of a sudden I could see myself. It was like I was lying next to myself looking at my face. It felt as if my energy had left and was next to me, but my "spirit" I will call it and my actual body were still connected. There was no seperation in thoughts. What my "spirit" thought so did my body. The only thing I thought was that this was scary and I wasn't sure what was happening. I got scared and I sat up in bed and my spirit did the same my "spirit" was following my bodies moves. The room was dark but somehow i could make out colors (clothes laying on the floor, pictures etc). The colors weren't really bright and I couldn't see all of them. Only dark ones like blues and purples. It was also really fuzzy looking. My body couldn't physically see anything there (my spirit) but since they were both sharing my thoughts I knew it was there. I got up and walked out of my room, my spirit walked backwards right in front of me with the same movements. I stood in the hallway for a couple seconds and then my husband walked in and saw me standing there. He asked if I was ok and suddenly it was done. I was a whole person again. I felt afraid, shakey, and a bit cold. I was so scared of it happening again I stayed up with my husband and waited to go to bed with him. I'm sorry this is so long and kinda hard to follow. But, I have NEVER experienced anything like this. I'm 21 years old, I Wasn't drinking, didn't take any drugs, and didn't watch any scary movies. Does anyone have any input???? THANK YOU!
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Sounds like an out of body experience to me, or a very vivid dream!
Cataryn

Post by Cataryn »

Thank you for responding! Any insight is much appreciated!
Xal

Post by Xal »

Definitely sounds like a projection. When your close to your body you can control it almost like a puppet.

The colors and visuals probably were fuzzy because when you first start to project it can be hard to see, almost as if you were in a dream.

Projections are nothing to fear though, sounds like its something you can have some fun with :D
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”