Happy Imbolc!

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Sakura Blossom

Happy Imbolc!

Post by Sakura Blossom »

In honor of this holiday and to welcome the beginnings of spring (despite us just havjg another snow storm), I have decided to do something selfless and kind! I made cookies for my next door neighbors and my roommates shoveled for them. We found out that the woman isn't able to do it herself and her husband cannot walk so they were very happy to do so. I've been meaning to stop by and say hello since I moved in this summer but I'm awfully shy but this gives me a good opportunity to! She also had a gorgeous wild flower garden and I want to offer to help care for it this summer/spring.

Feeling so good today!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
LoneWhiteWolf

Re: Happy Imbolc!

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

Aww youre so nice Sakura!
Im going to get some more candles in town today before i go looking for any spring time flowers that might of emerged yet. Here in england were finally getting a bit of snow, not alot though. And i havent noticed many flowers.. Seen a snow drop thats been in bloom since december! Poor things confused haha
I will make some cupcakes as an offering to the deities and say a few words, nothing too grand :)
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks! As it turns out, we made her day she said. It turns out she's a slightly well-known artist who helped start a big art movement and also was one of the first female muralists in the USA. I'm really impressed and she lives right next door! They were very sweet and invited us all in for tea and cookies. We were there for a good two or so hours.

That sounds so fun! I wish you a lot of blessings! And to enjoy your day. (: Anything you do in honor of a deity or holiday is important. It doesn't matter if it's big or lavish, as long as you acknowledge and do something, it's the thought that counts. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Yex

Happy Imbolc!

Post by Yex »

That's such a sweet gesture, Sakura! I'm glad you were able to help someone else and make a cool new friend in the process.

I started Imbolc late last night with an offering to Brigid (as well as my other patrons). To-day's activities consisted of surprising my fiancé with flowers to welcome the springtime into our home (and playing this appropriate song http://youtu.be/lralGoBxuYc ) and eating a feast of super bowl type foods (even though we don't care about football; a sporting game is a good excuse to eat bacon-wrapped scallops, though :) ). To-night before I go to bed, I'll probably make another offering to the deities.
love is the whole and more than all
Kyrie

Post by Kyrie »

Happy Imbolc! Tonight I'm baking a French Honey Cake (Thanks Flora Peterson!), part of which will be used as an offering during my ritual tonight. I'm also going to do a blessing for my seeds which we are about to plant. Yay!
LoneWhiteWolf

Happy Imbolc everyone.

Post by LoneWhiteWolf »

I know not everyone celebrates this sabbat, but im feeling pretty good and festive right now!
If it wasnt a monday i could of gone ahead with my plans of getting some red candles in town, but i had work yesterday and like every monday i have issues with my back.
Can still burn my vanilla candles and prey though!
I hope everyones feeling slightly happier with the slow return of the light :D

Happy Imbolc! Xxx
~Wolf
~ Feel the earth under your paws and explore. ~
~ Even the narrowest path could lead to the widest opening. ~

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”