A Banishing Spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
OnceInABlueMew

A Banishing Spell

Post by OnceInABlueMew »

Here's a fairly simple (I think) banishing spell that I made specifically to keep someone out of your life and the life of friends, after that someone came back and started being a nuisance with my friends through a loophole in an earlier spell I had cast. I tried to make it as loophole-free as I could, but feel free to poke holes in my spell, since I'm not a good spell-writer. Criticism is a force for good, after all.

YOU WILL NEED:

A small stick/some strong card
Cloves
Coffee granules
Vinegar
Salt
Pepper
A candle (either white, red, or black)

-Light your candle.
-Write the name of who you wish to banish onto the stick/card. Really visualise that you are pushing that person into this object, and making it a representation of their influence in your life.
- Take your cloves, coffee, vinegar, salt and pepper and infuse them with energy.
- Crush the cloves and coffee granules and mix them up with the salt, pepper and vinegar to create a vaguely disgusting potion.
- Take your stick again, and with it, stir the mixture ANTICLOCKWISE.
- Now, say the following:
"I stir this mixture widdershins,
and with this act, my spell begins.
I banish thee from my life in all,
and lives of friends and kin withal.
I douse thee in repelling things,
and hope to me some peace it brings.
I cast thy influence down to flame,
and hark, you'll never harm again."

-Then, with the candle flame, burn the stick/card to finalise the banishing action.
- Make sure you dispose of all the spell remains outside of your home. A public bin would be excellent, or down a stream is even better.

= Mew =
CleverlyDisguised

Re: A Banishing Spell

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

OnceInABlueMew wrote: I banish thee from my life in all,
and lives of friends and kin withal.
I douse thee in repelling things,
If any of your friends enjoy some of the components of the spell loses some of the oomph.

Rather I would suggest things that are truly repellent, animal scat as an example, or used coffee grounds, I found paint thinner (to "thin" the ties that draw this person to you) works well in such situations as well (in a well ventilated area of course).. I have a few other suggestions that toe the line of rule 13 so for more PM me
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I just made a face at the thought of using scat... I do like the idea of the paint thinner to "thin" the ties.

Over all, I think the spell sounds very nice and reminds me of something that I've done before to banish my own bad habits. I'd just be sure to really focus on making sure that your thoughts towards this person you are wishing to cut ties with are not with "hate" or ill will... which can sometimes be difficult when you are really frustrated with an individual.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Wait... a minute. Not coffee...noOoo. I love coffee...ok the soggy grinds are messy, and it banishes fog-brain, but...it's still my life elixir, and eye opener...might substitute hot paprika, like a hot foot...just say'in.

SAME
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Spirit, I have NO idea what happened that made your comment change... gonna ask mods for help. I'm sorry.

(Ok...all better now.)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think Smogie may have been aiming for quote, and hit edit. Those buttons are almost right next to each other on the mod/support team screens. If the comment was saved anywhere, we can put it back. Otherwise, it's one of those things that makes us say bad words.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

What is scat to you guys? I'm sorry, I really do not intend to be vulgar. I'm not typing THAT on google just in case. In the UK I think it means something different... :surprisedwitch:

I really do like the wording for this spell and will be adding to le book :flyingwitch:

FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Could be this: http://www.petguide.com/breeds/fish/scat/
In Bulgarian for example, scat means Catfish. So yeah, I see your point, but I seriously doubt anyone meant to use feces (or maybe there are people like that? :evilwitch: )
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ha ha ha ! Hey frozenlight!! Looooooooong time no see! Almost a year. :fairy:
I like the spell except for the part where it removes them from kin. Maybe in some cases this person has a relative that still needs this person in their life, to banish for yourself is one thing, when you involve friends and kin you are bending the will of another and maybe they don't want to loose this (albeit nasty) person.
Oh and scat. ...also a music style!
2 cents
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Remember - they might fight Craft with Craft. Set a ward to let you know if this is the case.
frozenlight

Post by frozenlight »

Herros :fairy: I know, I'm absolute rubbish at keeping online. Maybe one day, but right now split shifts and sleep fill my days. Had a beautiful oak quest this solstice though. Hope yours was awesome too!! :flyingwitch:

Thank you for answering my questions, it is as I thought I just wasn't sure if I had misunderstood. I thought it was Ska as a music type....did you know I was from Coventry...the Specials "Ghost town" is good.
Maybe in some cases this person has a relative that still needs this person in their life, to banish for yourself is one thing, when you involve friends and kin you are bending the will of another and maybe they don't want to loose this (albeit nasty) person.
Excellent point, I had not clocked that. Thank you, I can rejig my version. Its nice when I check in and see activity and the same faces smiley_dance

Love, light and peace. And coffee. All the coffee.
FL
Does anyone know where I can score some chronic mugwort?
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Are you refranceing Shepardstown,WV. I was introduced to Nick Groff a couple times. They are making him use local talent in the show. Every once in a while I'll get a question, usually passed through Amy Allan. Chief King and I have had a correspondence and phone contact. I told them more then a year ago that they were treating symptoms and not the disease. Maybe they're after good TV and not a resolution.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Yea! This is why I love this giant global sounding board :fairy:
The ingredients can vary depending on how yucky you want to be, but the paint thinner is something I hadn't ever though of. Whenever possible I try to use earth friendly components and thinner, well , not so much. Maybe substitute vodka or some other liquor. Vinegar is also frequently used in banishing types of workings.
To me cloves seem too sweet, I would change it out for peppercorns or SpiritTalker said red pepper, now that is an excellent substitute.
Oh and used coffee grinds... not unbrewed. I was thinking of making the coffee drinking the cups then spitting in the grinds. :mrgreen:
We love coffee :D
FF
Ps, Yana never seen this little fish, bracish water creature, interesting it can live in either. Which always intrigued me about salmon who are born in fresh, swim to the sea, then back to their birthplace to spawn and die.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
chaoticghxst

Post by chaoticghxst »

I used this in hopes of helping me rid of someone that tried to do questionable things to me and won't leave me alone. Thank you for posting this!

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”