"Protection Perfume"

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
ZinniaBanes98

"Protection Perfume"

Post by ZinniaBanes98 »

Yesterday, I began making a protective potion, to be used as perfume.

WARNING: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE TRYING THE SPELL.

Supplies:
Pine needles (about a handful)
Freeze-Dried (or regularly dried) Dill (less than a handful)
Mustard Seed (less than a handful)
Mortar and Pestle (to grind ingredients)
Water (to be boiled)

Timing: Doesn't matter

Instructions:
1. Put the pine needles, dill and mustard seed together in the mortar, grind together with the pestle.
NOTE: It is likely that only some of the mustard seeds will grind up, and when I did it, hardly any of the pine needles broke. This doesn't matter. As long as the smells are well mixed together, you're fine.
2. Add ingredients as desired.
FOR EXAMPLE: I added more dill to my mixture because I wanted a sweeter smell. If you find the smell is TOO sweet, you can add more mustard seed to make it sharper, or more pine to make it...uh...PINIER.
3. Boil some water in a pot.
4. Put your herbs and water in a small jar (herbs first) and let it sit for 10 minutes.
5. MAKE SURE THE JAR IS TIGHTLY SEALED. I tried shaking it but the jar was not tight enough, and I got water all on my hands and countertop!
6. Put the jar in a safe place. Gently shake the jar 2-3 times a day until the full moon.
NOTE: If the moon is past the halfway mark in the waxing phase, I suggest waiting until the full moon AFTER the closest one.
7. When the full moon is up, strain the potion until all that's left is the liquid, no herbs.
8. Put the potion into an empty perfume bottle and use it as perfume!

Good luck and Blessed Be! :wave:
Tasariel

Re: "Protection Perfume"

Post by Tasariel »

I like this a lot! The smells that you've combined here are really pleasant, and I don't think I would mind using it as a perfume at all, unlike some of the other mixtures I've seen with some slightly yucky ingredients. :P
It also seems relatively easy to make!
Thanks a lot!
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I think its a great potion/perfume. Although you do say timing doesnt matter and then later talk about moon phases so I think that could be confusing. I personally think this a fantastic and should be started during the beginning of the waxing moon and do like you instructed all the ways up until the full moon where you would finish things out the way you prescribed.

Good Work!!!
Ula

Post by Ula »

Sounds like it would smell good.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

This is a beautiful and wonderful idea you came up with!!
& It does sound like it would be a very nice smell.
Great job. : )
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Eclectic Wildflower

Post by Eclectic Wildflower »

Thanks you guys so much!!
This is still ZinniaBanes, but something happened to my account and I had to make a new one. But thank you very very much!! I appreciate it.
ZinniaBanes98

Post by ZinniaBanes98 »

ZinniaBanes98 wrote:Yesterday, I began making a protective potion, to be used as perfume.

WARNING: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE TRYING THE SPELL.

Supplies:
Pine needles (about a handful)
Freeze-Dried (or regularly dried) Dill (less than a handful)
Mustard Seed (less than a handful)
Mortar and Pestle (to grind ingredients)
Water (to be boiled)

Timing: Doesn't matter

Instructions:
1. Put the pine needles, dill and mustard seed together in the mortar, grind together with the pestle.
NOTE: It is likely that only some of the mustard seeds will grind up, and when I did it, hardly any of the pine needles broke. This doesn't matter. As long as the smells are well mixed together, you're fine.
2. Add ingredients as desired.
FOR EXAMPLE: I added more dill to my mixture because I wanted a sweeter smell. If you find the smell is TOO sweet, you can add more mustard seed to make it sharper, or more pine to make it...uh...PINIER.
3. Boil some water in a pot.
4. Put your herbs and water in a small jar (herbs first) and let it sit for 10 minutes.
5. MAKE SURE THE JAR IS TIGHTLY SEALED. I tried shaking it but the jar was not tight enough, and I got water all on my hands and countertop!
6. Put the jar in a safe place. Gently shake the jar 2-3 times a day until the full moon.
NOTE: If the moon is past the halfway mark in the waxing phase, I suggest waiting until the full moon AFTER the closest one.
7. When the full moon is up, strain the potion until all that's left is the liquid, no herbs.
8. Put the potion into an empty perfume bottle and use it as perfume!

Good luck and Blessed Be! :wave:
EDIT: I figured out I was entering the wrong username. How smart I am!!
Anyway, to make your potion more powerful, keep it in the jar for more than one full moon. The longer the potion lasts in the jar to brew, the stronger it will be when you use it.
ZinniaBanes98

Post by ZinniaBanes98 »

And yes, EclecticWildflower is my second account. Just to be clear.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”