Do any of you guys spells work Be honest

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
NewWitch02

Do any of you guys spells work Be honest

Post by NewWitch02 »

Do any of you guys spells work Be honest-- I been trying to do a spell but no good what exactly do I have to do or better yet practice on doing
pandoram

Post by pandoram »

I'm very new to spell casting so here is what I have experienced.

My first spell was a weight loss spell. Two days later my mom showed up
At my house with 2 weeks worth of Jenny Craig meals because she was leaving tge country for 3 weeks. I never asked her fir them and I never told her about the spell. While it was not physical weight loss, I concider my spell having worked.

The second spell I did was a healing spell for my husbands pulled back. He was not home when I did it and when he came back home from his party, he said he could not feel his back Pain At all.

I also did a wish spell asking that my chemo
Treatment be pain free and nausea free and it was for the first 2 days.

I'm not sure if it's justine over matter or what, but I think they worked. I did do two others that did not work at all. 1 for money and 1for no nightmares.

What about you?
NewWitch02

Post by NewWitch02 »

too be honest The only spell i tried so far was the freezing spell but I think something went wrong... I think what happen was the spell didn't just freeze one person but my whole class feel sick and wanna to go home and stuff.. I'm still trying to do more but how exactly can you tell if they work and why when I try do a spell like in class they don't work am I doing something wrong for example ( I'm feeling uncomfortable with my surround I try saying a spell and like nothing happen can you tell me how you got your spells to work ---
Thanks in Advance
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

As a newbie we all find it tough to get results, it would be like playing golf for the first time. You will miss the ball, top it and hit it three meters in front of you, slice it and whack someone in the head to the right of you and every once in a while you will whack it straight down the fairway (the nice grassy bit!) and to the hole. As you play more you will hit more good balls until eventually most of your shots are straight and long.

Same goes with this really. Practise makes perfect.

What do you mean though:
I'm feeling uncomfortable with my surround I try saying a spell and like nothing happen
What makes you uncomfortable? What do you want the spell to do? What does or doesnt happen?
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Mostly spells do not work because we have too fixed believing what they should do. Not everything is possible at any time and in any way. Most newbies lack off trust in their abilities. Most spells (that are done right) will work but the effect will probably be another one as we expected. That's why I usually just give the feelings to my subconciouss and let it deal with the actual what to do.

In my opinion spell working is not to "I want this to happen exactly than and in this way" but rather "I'm feeling kind of sad in this aspect in my life, I wish that to change" and then life will open up to present you ways to change yourself or life just change to fit you better.

Buuuuuut of course, I've done some spellwork in my life the way of "I want this to happen, exanctly than and in this way" they mostly worked. But they were never something absurd like freezing someone, rather something like "I want a boyfriend", "I want enough money", "I want to feel powerful in this situation", "I want this nightmare to stop" "I want this terrible person to feel bad" and so on. The typical newby-spells probably.

As often as possible I use other methods then spells, cause I think it's kind of weird to let the ego decide what should happen in my life when I have a perfectly good subconciouss who knows better what I want and need and is in possesion of all the facts ;) But sometimes, even today, I use some spells occassionally.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

In my opinion spell working is not to "I want this to happen exactly than and in this way" but rather "I'm feeling kind of sad in this aspect in my life, I wish that to change" and then life will open up to present you ways to change yourself or life just change to fit you better.
Im undecided on that idea...I am trying to understand magick as you (and possibly others) may have noticed :P and as such i feel that I am the supreme being in all of this. If i want something to happen the universe is damn well going to make it happen (unless its absurd...) and that is the definitive "proof" that it is all real.

Having said that what is magick? At the end of the day if i do a spell to get a girlfriend for example, and then two weeks later i have one is that magick? Or is it simply my own self confidence showing through and allowing me to be myself and have the confidence from believing that my magick has worked and thus i am more attractive anyway?

And if the second option is true is that magick? I would be tempted to say yes, but not in the classical sense. Anyhoo...
"I want a boyfriend", "I want enough money", "I want to feel powerful in this situation", "I want this nightmare to stop"
These are perfect examples of mind over matter IMHO. Nothing supernatural is required except YOU need to adapt to the situations and in a way you could say that the "magick" is what is changing you to ensure you can achieve such goals. The mind is a very powerful device as we know and i would be willing to say it is more powerful on it's own that any witch that has ever or will ever lived ;)
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

That's the way I always interpreted it. A spell is only a way to change myself so I get the effect I want ;) Sometimes it will probably change others on the way, in my opinion that's not magical, but ithers would think so. And we are here in a magic forum, so I will call it magic anyways ;)
ikaba

Post by ikaba »

Yeah, when you're new to casting spells you may not get the results you want or the results are so subtle that you don't even notice this. And I think there is a point to this on many levels. We are granted as much power as we can at the time being handle and this may increase with practice, time and maturity. I believe there is a great responsibility in casting spells.

I have had many spells come true even if not perfect. I've been doing this for 5 or so years and I still have issues getting the energies straight and instead I may get something pretty ironic to what I asked for. heheh. Like how I wanted a new start in life and my home burnt down (tho that one was a bit extreme).

Be careful what you wish for, right?

-ikaba
carraigin*nairn

Post by carraigin*nairn »

Use ginger with your spell. Ginger has a natural anti nausea effect. If they haven't suggested u use ginger lozenges w/ chemo...i do.
pandoram wrote:

I also did a wish spell asking that my chemo
Treatment be pain free and nausea free and it was for the first 2 days.

Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Ikaba, that's why I seldom do spells and rather like my subconciouss do the work. I can't force something, that's not meant to be. But I can mve small things to get something changed. Either accept the outcomes of a spell before you do it or just don't cast a spell ;)

That's why most of my work is along the line "I feel x right now, but I would rather feel y". So instead of a money spell I would cast something like "I feel like I don't have enough of something, probably money, maybe money is just a symbol for something else. Whatever it is, I want to have the feeling of being satisfied with what I've got. Will this be in a way where I get more money, more of something else, or just realizing, that I have enough and can calm down"

Those spells worked everytime. But I know, sometimes you've got the urge of getting exactly what you want. I've got this right know and I'm currently working on a spell getting the sexual passion back into my relationship. Because I know, a spell will be perfect for this and it will work exactly like I plan it. Because I know exactly what I want, and not something like "a change in life" but really exactly what I want and then a spell could be the perfect thing. I can write if it worked ;)
WhiteOne

Post by WhiteOne »

Everyone can learn to draw, but for some people it comes more naturally. I believe spell work is more complicated than cooking--you cannot just superficially follow the directions and get superficial results. You must have some sense of the metaphysical, energy, and of course--your own intentions and the validity of them. I rarely perform rituals because they are so serious to me. However, I once found myself compelled to protect me and my family against a couple who had accused me of fraud, accused my partner of heinous crimes, and had attempted extortion. I did a run of the mill binding spell--no ancient herbs, ruins, etc. Just using my own voice. I was surprised to learn that the guy was arrested the next day, jailed for six days, then put on probation for one year. None of which I was in any way responsible for, as his wife was the one who accused him (of spousal abuse.) He had never been arrested before or since. I believe that spell work works. However, I do take it seriously and I consider the powers sacred and have great love and reverence.
summerland

Post by summerland »

NewWitch02 wrote:too be honest The only spell i tried so far was the freezing spell but I think something went wrong... I think what happen was the spell didn't just freeze one person but my whole class feel sick and wanna to go home and stuff.. I'm still trying to do more but how exactly can you tell if they work and why when I try do a spell like in class they don't work am I doing something wrong for example ( I'm feeling uncomfortable with my surround I try saying a spell and like nothing happen can you tell me how you got your spells to work ---
Thanks in Advance
Why on earth would you want to put a freezing spell on one person? I have always understood "In that it harm NONE" is the vey basic Wiccan Rede. There is a great responsibility when using spells/potions. If this person was a threat, clear and present, I could understand. Perhaps if you were clearer as to the intent~~~~~ :?
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Just wanted you to know, my last spell worked ;)
NewWitch02

Post by NewWitch02 »

It did!!! tell me how it went ( skip no details) I tired a spell and still no good I tired to do a confident spell but everything went poof.. :( :(
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... hp?t=17241

I did this spell. The next time we saw it was like always. Both wanted and nothing happened. As always we talked about it. But this time, for the first time with results and afterwards we had fun like in the good old times :) And since then it only got better :)

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”