Unusual request

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
MoonbeamDancer

Unusual request

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

Does anyone know of a spell or herbs or any other suggestions for mice? (to get rid of them I mean)

We had some plumbing work done and my husband left the doors off the crawl space (which was just like putting out a neon sign saying WELCOME MICE) Now we are overun (I swear I can see them streaming in from the fields carrying their suitcases)

If anyone knows of a way to get rid of them (I have tried traditional and can't keep up) I would really really appreciate. I am soo tired of cleaning up droppings and throwing out food packages (I am afraid they are going to start leaving requests soon).

Thanks
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

I am not positive about with mice, but Eucalyptus Essential Oil will keep bugs out, it might do the same with mice. That way you won't get anymore. It is worth a shot!

They also sell this thing that you can plug into the wall that makes a noise that humans cannot hear, but mice can. It scares them off, but it does bug companion animals a little.
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
MoonbeamDancer

Thanks

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

I'll try the essential oil, I have quite the collection, I tried the high pitched thing but the dogs didn't do so hot with it.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Best solution for mice you don't want is a good cat. The scent of them makes the mice not want to be there as well as the cat catching them.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
MoonbeamDancer

cat

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

A cat would be nice, except that I have 2 house dogs; a six year old Zuchon (mix of Bishon and Shitzu) and a 1 year old 85 lb bloodhound, I don't think a cat would be safe around the bloodhound now, maybe when he is older. I think the dogs are enjoying the antics of the mice, they are not helping me at all.
carraigin*nairn

Post by carraigin*nairn »

Don't underestimate the cunning hunter abilities of a cat. My daughter brought home a solid black barn cat...who ended up being declawed b/c he was vicious. Later we brought our weim into the family who is now about 75 lb. Weims are major hunters also. But that cat will put my dog in her place in 2 seconds flat even w/out claws. lolol Another option (icky but works) used cat litter. The sent is on it, same as having a cat as far as scent is concerned.
MoonbeamDancer

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

Ok, so yesterday I am meditating and a mouse ran across and broke the mood, I wished I had a solution for the mice.

Today, I opened the door to let the dogs out and a solid black cat was sitting on the porch. She is very friendly and doesn't seem to mind the dogs. She will stay outside and hopefully catch the little suckers before they get into the house.

While petting her the name Aurora came into my head so that is what I am calling her. Don't know where she came from or how long she will stay but for now she is part of the family.

So I guess I got what I wished for.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Sounds like your answer came to you. Try letting her in. There's nothing that says she can't be both indoor and outdoor.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
ravenhecate

Post by ravenhecate »

If you can afford it though, a trip to the vet might not be a bad idea just to make sure she doesn't have anything that can make your dogs sick.
MoonbeamDancer

Post by MoonbeamDancer »

Yeah, if she is still around this weekend she is going in for check up and to get "fixed". So far she is tolerating the dogs. Pete our bloodhound whom I really thought would hurt her (and he still could) just wants her to play with him. DH will not have a cat in the house again, so we will just have to ease in to that.

He is amazed she showed up and has admitted he missed having a cat around. Ours died 2 years ago, Bud was 18 strictly outside, Ed was 17 and in and out depending on his mood. So this is nice, and could be coincidence, but I think I wished her to come.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”