Writing Spells

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Cinder
Location: Travelling through my soul attempting to find myself.

Writing Spells

Post by Cinder »

Ok, so I wanted to start writing a spell. But, the thing is, I don't know where to start. I have been a witch for a long time, and I have tried to project (i'm not sure if that's the right word) a bunch of spells, and some of them have surprisingly worked. But now, I think it is time to write my own spell. Now what i'm wondering is where to start. Do I need the special witch tools such as a pentacle and a wand and things like that? Is there something special I need to do? Please help. i'd like to start writing soon!! :)

~Cinder~
Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

"Well, I guess i'm that one curly fry in the box of regulars" ~Jason Mraz. :) <3

~Life is Good :) <3~
Wolfmoon caster
Banned Member

Post by Wolfmoon caster »

You don't need anything except your imagination and a strong beleif your spell will work.
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Ok. Thank you. How will I know my spell will work?

"Well, I guess i'm that one curly fry in the box of regulars" ~Jason Mraz. :) <3

Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Oh, and just one question...Should I wait to write my spell until after I start my BOS and sleep with it under my pillow for a week?

reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Cinder,

There are no hard and fast rules but writing the spell and writing it in your BOS afterwards is usually best. This is to give the spell time to work and you will know if you get what you put into the intention of the spell. I hope this helps. Try not to overthink it hun, not easy I know.
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Thank you again. Your posts are so insightful. I am going to be starting my BOS tomorrow (writing my "witches' rules...I found that online.) and then sleep with it under my pillow for a week. THEN, once that has been accomplished, i am going to begin to write spells, notes, drawings, stuff like that. Again, thank you. I've been so stressed about writing my first spell...thinking stuff like "Oh, what if it doesn't work and I post it on EUM?" and "Will I just be wasting my time doing this because it's not going to work?" and things like that. Soon, I will buy my wand, and then everything will work better. :)

reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Cinder wrote:Thank you again. Your posts are so insightful. I am going to be starting my BOS tomorrow (writing my "witches' rules...I found that online.) and then sleep with it under my pillow for a week. THEN, once that has been accomplished, i am going to begin to write spells, notes, drawings, stuff like that. Again, thank you. I've been so stressed about writing my first spell...thinking stuff like "Oh, what if it doesn't work and I post it on EUM?" and "Will I just be wasting my time doing this because it's not going to work?" and things like that. Soon, I will buy my wand, and then everything will work better. :)
Cinder,

Just take it a piece at a time and really let yourself begin to learn and start the growth process. A witches journey is a walk of wisdom gathered through time and exeperience so definately keep that in mind. When it comes to magick and spells, give yourself a chance to be less than successful because sometimes that will happen (I have had it happen a few times) but keep in mind that is also part of the experience. If you need anything else, please let me know.
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

:) Thank you. Do you think I should wait a bit and try to find my inner witch before I try to write this spell then?

reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

That is up to you solely. Try some basic spells for divination and clearing your mind to start. I think that is the best place to start. Work with spells in small amounts and in small ways just to get yourself used to them. That will help bring out your "inner witch" as you so wonderfully put it.
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Okay, now just one more question (I'm so sorry i'm overloading you with questions, i'm just getting back into casting spells). What is Divination?

reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Divination is using tarot cards, runes, etc to gain an idea of may come down the pike for you or someone else. It is not exact but it is helpful. check out the divination section of the boards that will help too. No worries about the questions trust me, I love to help. I am still learning but I enjoy sharing my experience with new witches if you will.
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Oh, ok. Thank you! Is using a crystal ball considered divination?

Oh, and thank you for that "inner witch" comment a couple posts back ;)

reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Yes, crystal balls are often used. Use what calls to you. Heck, elements such as water and fire can also be used. Experiment and have fun with it. :D
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Okay, I think I will!! :D thank you so much again!!!!!

reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

You are welcome! One more thing before I head to bed for the night, do not forget to ground your energy before doing things it will make things easier. Blessings and have a fantastic night!

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”