Spirit Guide Meditation

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
celticwave

Spirit Guide Meditation

Post by celticwave »

Hi everyone :) I just thought i'd share with you my absolute favourite meditation, which is for meeting and talking to your spirit guides:

If you have any specific questions, write them down so you know what they are before you go into meditation. Once you have done this, get yourself comfortable and close your eyes. Visualise yourself standing on a path in a sort of forest. It can look however you want it to, but it is important that you try to focus clearly on it's details. Are the trees tall or shortish, are they all the same height or different, can the sun come through, how much sun, is it warm or refrechingly cool, are their any other distinguishing features eg. a water hole, a particularly special tree that makes this forest your own. Try to feel the air in your surroundings, hear the noises of the trees, and whatever animals may be around. Try to touch the trees and feel the rough bark on your hand. Spend as much time doing this as possible (very good for psychic development).

Once this is done, begin to walk down the path, as you walk, see the path turns right and continue walking until you reach a clearing. You'll then see the path leads to a house. Once again take the time to clearly focus on the house, how many storys is it, is it big, what is it made of, is their a gate around it, what is the garden like etc. Once you have clearly defined the house walk down the path to it's front door. Once you get there knock on the door. Someone will then answer the door. That person will be one of your spirit guides. Don't worry if they don't appear clear at first, if you ca't get them in focus. Follow them as they lead you into a room nearby with some sort of water feature or pool in it. Sit down next to this water feature with them and ask them your questions. Be confident that when the reply comes it is them talking, not you imagining. You can remain talking to them about all sorts of things until you feel ready to go. Remember, nothing you talk to them about is trivial, and they always have time for you basically because you are their one and only person that they guide! Once you feel ready, all you have to do is leave and walk back the path to the place where you began, and then slowly bring yourself out of the meditation by moving your toes and fingers etc, and coming back to where you are.

Some points i thought i'd point out is that taking the time to clearly define things is really important, and will really help you in your psychic development and help make your spirit guides clearer (if they aren't clear when you first visit them, they will msot liekly become so after a few visits so don't stress!). Also another thing is a lot of us have more than one spirit guide, which means when you go to visit your spirit guides, a different person may open the door.

One thing that really amazed me when i first did this meditation was how comfortable i felt with my spirit guides, and how much you could just feel they loved you. I only have two, jack and monica, and i just love doing this meditation as often as possible to go and see them. I tend to do it when i feel scared or alone, or even when i just want to talk. I love doing it so much because it jsut makes you feel safe and secure and loved, which i think we all need to feel. Also, another thing i sometimes do is a jsut visit my sanctuary area (where you begin), and hang around there.

So have fun!

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

That sounds really cool. Thanks for sharing. I've only worked with them using candle magick. Just getting their response through the flame and also through using a pendulum, but this seems much more personal. I can't wait to try it.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

Thanks Elyse- I have been meaning to put up my (primarily animal) Spirit Guide excersize too, but just haven't had the time yet.
And thanks again, I never thought to talk to a Guide about what ailments may/may not be following from a past life. OK, I have homework now! :D
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I tried doing this two night ago. Unfortunately I fell asleep before I got to the cottage *sigh*. Maybe another time.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

lol, i've done that b4...... funni tho

~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
silvermists

Post by silvermists »

I think it worked. A really old man opened the door and said his name was John. I asked him a few questions, but I got the answers I wanted, so I'm not sure if I just imagined it. I don't think I did...I hope I didn't.

Krissi

awesome!

Post by Guest »

That sounds really good. I've always been able to meditate quite well, I developed a special technique and everything. I am going to try this as soon as I can. It sounds promising! Thank you for posting this. I can always use a good meditation....espically a Spirit Guide meditation! :D
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Hey :)

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, i love it :)

silvermists, i'd be pretty certain you didn't imagine it, its that sort of doubt that will hold you back (though it is good to question every now again lol). An interesting thing to do would to see if youc an get a hold of a family tree and see if theres a John on t hat :P I've been meaning to do that myself for my spirit guides, i just haven't got around to it.

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”