Mint Leaf Projects

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
JacklynSnyder1o1

Mint Leaf Projects

Post by JacklynSnyder1o1 »

Hello everyone!
I have some mint leaves growing in my yard and I was wondering if anyone knows something creative that I can do with them. I've been wanting to do something productive with them. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jacklyn
---
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which slides like an hybrid emotion
To feel like
Feeling like a teargas
Which hurts like artificial love
-♥
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Mint tea? Maybe find some very mildly flavored/scented oil and see if you can make your own extract? Then you could put the smell all over the house...

Maybe make yourself a bath bag and take a long, mint scented bath? I can't think of anything to put with it off the top of my head- My nose isn't the greatest in the world, so unless something has a strong scent (like mint) I'm likely not to be able to smell it at all.

Maybe a chocolate cake? Use a little of the mint for flavor, then use a few sprigs for garnish?

Post script- I usually use mint candy for this purpose, or a very strongly scented mint oil, but with a steaming bowl of water it can really help clear up sinuses. You just have to keep convincing yourself that breathing steam with a towel over your head is a good idea...
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Mint leaves dry nicely, so you can use them as scented arrangements.
Don't burn them, though! They make lousy incense! They smell bitter and odd and not much like mint at all. The only real way to make mint incense is to use the essential oil dripped sparingly into some sandalwood or willowbark base.

Mojitos! Chopped up fine and stirred into thickened yogurt, dill and cucumber slices! crumpled mint leaves go well in chilled lemonade, too!
I like putting chopped mint leaves into hot coca too... I've never minded the extra fiber. I also love mint in a salad.

Also, there's a kind of sleeping pillow that uses only fresh mint... it's supposed to be good for headaches, stuffy nose, and bad dreams.
Make sure you use fresh mint every night and toss it out every morning.

It also makes a good green accent for bouquets, and adds an added scented dimension. Goes well with kafir lime leaves and yarrow, roses...lavender... let your imagination and nose be your guide!

Oh, I wish I had mint for my sinuses right now....
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Christmas aisle, JCrowfoot. Get the peppermint candy canes and break them up into a bowl with some boiling water... Love teh post holiday sales. LOVE THEM! YES! POST HOLIDAY SALE!

Okay, I'm done.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Truthfully, I was just complaining because I'm lazy and don't have any live mint plants here... it being January and all, as well as me not really having anywhere to garden. And I have a house! For shame! I just... don't have a back yard, and as anyone with a mint patch can tell you... it's never tidy. OR at least, it's only tidy for a few weeks a year. :D

But if I unpack my boxes from moving, I can get some honest-to-goodness spearmint oil and unblock my sinuses right quick.... it's just a diffuser a way.
Kolohe
Banned Member

Post by Kolohe »

I was thinking mint juleps, but mojitos would be good too. Some mint leaves chopped into hollandaise sauce goes well with fish, mint stuffing or jelly is traditional with lamb too. I love to put a sprig or two in iced tea in the summer time. Interesting re. the sleeping pillow, I thought it was supposed to energize you and wake you up. It is very hard to have just a little growing in your yard it tends to take over quickly. Do you know what kind of mint it is?

Kolohe
[ForestWitch]

Post by [ForestWitch] »

I add mint to green tea - especially nice if you're going to drink it iced. I like mint with rosemary for bath tea. I have sometimes used it in safe travel spells. I use some types of mint in medicinals. For instance, lemon balm is great in a tea to soothe a sore throat and catmint will help break a fever.
Tornadofire-Sylva

Re: Mint Leaf Projects

Post by Tornadofire-Sylva »

Candied. Mint. Leaves:
One large egg
Plain sugar
Bowlx2
Clean mint leaves

Remove the white from the egg and then

Place egg white In bowl
dip mint leaf in white
Then in sugar
lay on wax paper to dry
* store in tin or jar*
* I have made these*, they have a sweet minty crunch*, and the white may be raw, but I have never gotten food poisoning *
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
Ravencry

Re: Mint Leaf Projects

Post by Ravencry »

Oh Goddess these sound awesome! I'll probably use this recipe for Ostara! Thank you!

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”