Spell Candles

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
smogie_michele

Spell Candles

Post by smogie_michele »

:D I'm working on making a series of spell candles to be lit whenever we need help in a particular aspect in our lives. Today I made my first candle to be used strictly for magical purposes. I enjoyed it, so I thought I might share it with you.

Today's candle: Abundance and Prosperity
I whine quite a bit about our current situation, and while hard work and diligence is the only true way to get out of debt and to improve our living situation, I am open to receiving what ever guidance the magical world had to offer us.

What I used:
Soy wax
Patchouli essential oil- I associate this herb with abundance, good fortune, and focus
A few Bay leaves- to protect against poverty
Chips of Tigers Eye- For growing business, to protect the wealth we already established, and to protect ourselves from becoming greedy.
Chips of Green Adventurine- for financial wisdom, to promote luck, to encourage a positive influx of health AND money
Chips of Citrine- for an overall positive addition, to keep a good attitude in the work place
*at the last moment, I decided to add dandelion root and one little dandelion flower- I don't know why, my gut just told me to.

Like a goober, I thought it would be a great idea to add the oil to the bottom of my candle jar first (instead of directly to the wax) along with all my other ingredients, that way all the magical properties could infuse together... I didn't think that would keep my oil and wax from mixing... no matter how hard I tried, there is still a good bit of oil settled at the bottom of the jar... isn't as pretty as I was wanting, but oh well. It smells great and all the properties I want are there smiley_dance
Attachments
20160503_144725.jpg
My pretty crystal chips
My pretty crystal chips
20160503_142125.jpg
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Katrinkah

Re: Spell Candles

Post by Katrinkah »

Awesome! I just recently did a candle magic spell for getting out of debt too :P I didn't put stones in mine though. This is a great idea!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Cool! I love patchouli. The gemstones are a great addition :fairy:
A wee heads up, watch those bay leaves they could start a small inferno in your candle.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

firebirdflys wrote:Cool! I love patchouli. The gemstones are a great addition :fairy:
A wee heads up, watch those bay leaves they could start a small inferno in your candle.
Bb, Firebird
The first time I used dried herbs in a candle, I had one lit while watching TV and our of the corner of my eye I saw a mini bonfire growing :shock: Nearly stopped my heart, it scared me so bad. so now I only add herbs for ritual like practices- when I will be right next to my candle at all times :)
TriviaGod76

Post by TriviaGod76 »

Neat ideas!
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

This is great! Thanks for sharing. :D
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Scarlet Woodland

Post by Scarlet Woodland »

Ooooh I really want to try this, thanks! I drifted out of candle making for a while but a big, prosperity, pillar candle would be just the ticket right now.
Shawn Blackwolf
Banned Member

Post by Shawn Blackwolf »

Do not forget to carve a Fayoh Rune into the base of the candle, and if you "dress" the candle with oil, ( look up "dressing ritual candles" ), vibrate the Fayoh rune, while doing it...over and over, while putting *charge* and *intent* into candle...

Further, a picture or statue of Ganesh, or Lakshmi, may be added to the altar where you burn candle...

If it is blank on back of picture, write your desire for what you want on the paper...if not, gently adhere a piece of
what is called recycled parchment paper to back of picture, then write your desire on that...

Just some suggestions...
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

Hey sevensons, I'm glad you revived this old, dusty thread. I might make a few more in the near future, it is about time I break my magical fasting and start creating again.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”