Little Guardian(s)

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Little Guardian(s)

Post by Silversong »

So, I recently saw this DA page, and my muse sparked. Her room guardians intrigue me, and I'd like one for my own, but I'm fairly sure I'd never be able to afford one. However, I do have clay in the other room... and I do love creating creatures.

I'm going to create a little guardian of my own, possibly more than one, and have them watch over my room. (Because I totally have the shelf space for that xD) The creature will probably be very draconine, because I adore dragons, and largely straight from my imagination, with little to no preplanning. It will probably be no larger than four or five inches tall, since I intend to sculpt it mostly from a single piece of clay. The reasoning for this is as follows: I suck at sculpting complicated things, they always fall apart, and I have very little skill in 3-D art (though I love 2-D art XD), but I have sculpted multiple small creatures (wolves, dragons, and horses) out of single pieces of clay that turned out wonderfully, though they are rather tiny. Still, the smallest creatures often have the biggest hearts, and a spirit guardian doesn't need a large physical body, do they? (Maybe they grow larger when they're awake, and smaller when they're dormant. Okay that's enough now muse I don't have the time to do it right this second please stop hold PAUSE WAIT)

*cough* Anyway. Any suggestions? (Also if you're interested in seeing the finished guardian(s), I'll post pictures here.)
Becks

Re: Little Guardian(s)

Post by Becks »

Do post pictures. I love creating. Are you going to use clay this time? What other kinds of materials?
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

I'm using clay and probably nothing else. I'm not the person who did the room guardians above, heavens no XD I wish I had that kind of skill. Never mind patience. XD I may end up putting a crystal heart into it, but I would have to look into how to do that, and it would be an exceedingly tiny chip of crystal, and* it would be set in last, so it would be visible and touchable. Maybe. Maybe not. We'll see. As it is, I'm going to be gone for the next three days at the beach (yay, we never get away!) so perhaps I shall pick up inspiration and/or something a little extra there.

*What was originally said, before I realized I was rambling: - the amethyst. The amethyst! Brilliance! Maybe. I have a little chip of amethyst which I took to Leavenworth's Mayday festival once and it became absolutely PACKED with energy, maybe from the fae I felt everywhere there. (And I do mean everywhere!) Maybe I can use that...
And I'm off again. Thinking "out loud," as I so often do on this forum XD
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

As promised, pictures of the finished product! And WIPs, before he was painted.

Friends, meet Ranno of the Ivory Heather, the Ever-loyal Guardian of [Silver's] Heart. Ranno for short, obviously. My little Prince Charming, which I called him mid-painting and which he rather took to heart... resulting in the snazzy, dashing paint coat you see now XD

Pre-painting (pre-baking, actually):

Finished:

He has the entire Ancient Futhark on him somewhere. His left horn has protection, defense, and strength runes on it, his right horn has creative runes on it, his chest bears Wunjo, his forehead bears Ansuz and Laguz, and his flanks bear the rest of the runes in the Ancient Futhark. (Is he cute? Absolutely. Should you tell him that? Absolutely not. XD)

He was not originally meant to be quite so... colorful. Actually, originally he was going to be red-and-black mostly XD But he decided he was having none of that, and here we are. The undersides of his horns are light blue, for the record, since I don't think you can see in any of those pics.

I'm now in the process of painting a little guardian for a friend of mine, who is feeling a negative presence in her room that keeps waking her up at ~2 AM that "needs to go." I'm helping her out with that; the guardian is to help. Her guardian is much more ursine in form and xe (she? originally xe didn't want to give me a gender, but I realized today at some point I abruptly started referring to her by female pronouns in my head) is requesting a black base and silver and white markings quite strongly... I get the feeling xe/she will request other colors later on as well, but I'll have to get started for that. We'll see. This is kind of the way I do things with these sorts of creations.
Becks

Post by Becks »

So lovely. Such great intention you put in there.
Silversong

Post by Silversong »

Thank you :3

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”