Magickal uses for coffee grounds?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Syroak

Magickal uses for coffee grounds?

Post by Syroak »

Greetings!

I was wondering if any of the kitchen witches around the forum could help me out here. Are there any good or magical uses for used coffee grounds? I don't have a compost pile, so I usually just take the grounds out of the used filter and put them around my potplants. Apparently it's nourishing and keeps away snails (they're very healthy plants, so I'm inclined to think it works!) However, are there any specific magical or spell uses for them? My first thought is that they would be a good earthy offering for energy spells, but I really don't know anything beyond that.

Any other good ideas that will save me from throwing them in the bin too are welcome!

Blessed be :)
Shireside

Re: Magickal uses for coffee grounds?

Post by Shireside »

Old post is old, but I saw it and figured someone might still find use of feedback. When trying to figure out the magical uses for anything tangible, trust your senses; they are your guides to navigating the correspondences for sympathetic magic. Coffee beans are used in cologne shops worldwide to cleanse the senses of heavy fragrances, which leads that coffee beans in any form could have quite a potent use in purification workings, and to cancel out the effects of counter-productive or negative magic. Coffee is a stronger stimulant than tea, and is drunk worldwide to wake people up and help them through the day---I'd use the beans and grinds to help 'quicken' the effects of a spell working, to effectively get the magic hopped up on caffeine.

Coffee is also liked by the dead. A cup of black coffee is a pretty common offering to Papa Legba, Loa of the Crossroads, and also on ancestral altars to the beloved and mighty dead.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.
burnedwicked

Post by burnedwicked »

Well coffee is an anti-oxidant, appetite suppressant, and general stimulant. Capable of various things; cleansing, diet, healing, or provoking action. Sometimes could even be used as a catalyst; typically with a high concentration of oxidisers.
"Mind, body, heart, and soul; when all work as one, this is control."
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Mix ground coffee, cocoa powder & cinnamon powder for incense to halt 🧿evil eye influence. Adjust to suit.

Fresh grounds added to spells aid cleansing, focus & speed things up. A brewed cup makes a good spirit offering.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You can make a body scrub out of used grinds, and I throw spent grinds on the ground in the garden.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I read an article in Italian that smudging coffee grounds could repel mosquitoes by an extraordinary force.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

Coffee is negative. What? Yeah it doesn't like things, for you. Best drinkin.
facetowindow

Post by facetowindow »

firebirdflys wrote:You can make a body scrub out of used grinds, and I throw spent grinds on the ground in the garden.
BB, FF
Does this fit? My mum has a coffee shop and lots of them has throw away to the ground in the garden, by the way, make a body scrub out of used grinds, any postive effect on body?

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”