Crafting a Statue

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Sakura Blossom

Crafting a Statue

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm planning on making a little clay statue of Loki, and we don't have much clay... But I'm thinking Loki's all for this, because there is literally JUST ENOUGH clay to make what I wanted of Him. Haha! This is usually how it goes. xD So I will be sure to post pictures if it turns out! (:I do a lot of clay and crafty things so I'll be sure to add more as I go. (:

The only statue of him I have on my altar, is this Loki action figure I got for Christmas... And he was the one who told me to put it there. He doesn't have an issue with that portrayal, so it seems, and I've found others who say the same. Haha.

But it'd be nice to have one of my creation, of how he shows himself to me. (:

EDIT:

And here he is! I've NEVER made a person out of clay before and haven't touched clay in years... His face was super hard, and didn't turn out right. He was supposed to be sitting, but his leg got bent too far back so now I gotta figure out how to incorporate him on the altar. But otherwise, I'm pleased for my first attempt. (: Though, I still think it turned out pretty bad... Haha. But all that matters is that I tried to make something in his honor. x3

It's hard to see, but his gold part of his clothes have runes on them. His sleeve has his name spelled out too.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Heartsong

Re: Crafting a Statue

Post by Heartsong »

Oh, wow, if that's your first attempt at making a person, you're going to be amazing with practice! He looks adorable! That is some rocking hair he's got going on, too, lol.

I've been thinking of making some wood carvings for Odin to put on my altar, but I might venture into clay now and see what I come up with. You've really inspired me, Sakura. :fairy:
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Perfect. Love the hair and great job on the face.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Haha! Thank you, Heartsong! I appreciate it. (: I had his face so much better than that, but fixing his hair kinda squished it to the point of no return. DX But, oh well! It was a first attempt, thank you for the compliment! He seemed pleased with it, so I'm glad!

And thank you, Holda. I appreciate it. I LOVE his hair! His hair is my favorite. (: It always looks fiery to me, so I had to make it look like that. I realized he's missing ears, but we can just pretend it's hidden under his hair. ;D
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

What a handsome guy you've made. He looks amazing. :)
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! (: I appreciate it!

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

I have to agree about the hair. Its awesome, and with the way its styled the ears would be hidden behind the hair so it all works out. I can also sort of see part of a rune line on the bottom of his shirt. So nice job.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you! I appreciate it!

loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

The fire hair really does suit Loki. I hope you can find a way to make it work and fit on your altar.
ness

Post by ness »

Beautiful, Sakura!!!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thanks, Loona! And yes, he usually has hair like that when he comes. Haha! Not up like that, but I liked the idea of doing it like that. (: It's hard to get him to fit on there right now, due to his legs being bent wrong. ): But I'll figure it out!

And thanks, ness!

MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

You're in the mid-west is there not clay in your soil ?
Do you have a stone you can prop him up on alter with ?
Even just a small piece of wood that will fit...
Random thoughts...
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That's why I had bent him in a sitting position, so I could put him on a block but unfortunately in the oven he bent. ): And we don't really have clay near us or anywhere that I could try to dig anything up. Thank you for your advice, though! I will be aiming for something along those lines the next time I attempt something like this. ^_^

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”