Herbal and homemade remedies thread.

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Herbal and homemade remedies thread.

Post by SnowCat »

One of my patients swears by apple cider vinegar for his arthritis and diabetes. I've been doing 2 tablespoons three times a day for a few days. Haven't noticed an improvement in the access and pains yet, but it helps my digestion.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I have occasional gastroesophageal reflux, usually called "gerd". I seem to get it in Oct-Nov, and my doctor has no suggestions on why. I take an over the counter product called oemeprazole,twice a day for two weeks. it goes away until the next year, same time, & this is the 4th year.

My question is which would be a better "tonic"; apple cider vinegar, cinnamon/ginger and honey, or lemon juice and ginger with honey? Should I use something else? I've tried both. Shrug. I do speak to my doctor, & just saw him last week. Same old same old. He pressed around on my belly but made no changes or recommendation.

Other people are welcome to comment, just keep it civil, OK?
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

YanaKhan wrote:Try and look for Maria Treben's books - they are amazing!
Wow, I had no idea why I loved that book in my childhood. Now it makes sense why. But it's hard to read it through the drawings, hehe...

There is also a good book written by professor Marc Cohen. There are 2 sections of the book: one with what to use for specific diseases ( including meditation techniques) and the second one with descriptions of the herbs,vitamins, meditation yoga and so on.
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

SpritTalker

>Doctor has no suggestions on why<

That's because doctors are like automotive mechanics; most of them are idiots. (Don't confuse a surgeon, with a doctor. Surgeons are specialized wizards, practicing a magic craft. By the way, written by the top heart surgeon in the US: “Woond heeled well.” Again, written by the top heart surgeon in the United States! I mentioned it because I wanted to stress that critical person, picking on small details when I say most doctors are idiots.)

There is strong evidence that your problem could relate to bacteria bloom in the gut. Based on your clockwork-timing, I would bet serious money that it's a gut-bacteria issue. Even so, trying to explain something like this to a doctor would be like trying to explain witchcraft.

Do your homework, and here's a starting point:
https://chriskresser.com/more-evidence- ... vergrowth/

Mine was the opposite. I used to get “acid-re flux ” for decades. I told them that it wasn't re-flux because acid is neutralized by alkaline, aka antacids. This is junior-high-school Science 101, the reason I'm less than impressed with their “wisdom.”

Nothing would kill the “acid-re flux.” I finally discovered it that certain spice(s) exterminated good bacteria in my stomach. My digestive system would shut down. Eliminate the spice(s) and problem solved

Spices were not for flavor; they were used to make rotten meat playable. My ancestors (one of whom was a Passamaquoddy squaw) lived in a small isolated, European-American community, starting about 400 years ago. My ancestors consumed mostly fresh seafood, and whatever living creature they were fortunate enough to capture. So unlike 99.9% of the American population, I'm not genetically programmed to eat rotten meat, spiked with spices so you can choke it down. Hots? It's not a case of not liking them. I cannot get them in my mouth, let alone wallow them! I'm not a picky eater, so I can eat food with seasoning, but if it's up to me, a little salt, a sprinkle of pepper, and it's very tasty.

Anyway, I don't know what spice(s) they are, but many restaurants use them, almost a mainstay. But in the last couple of decades, I have been able to detect the “trigger” spices the moment I taste the food. I suspect the spice(s) kills digestive bacteria because my digestion system shuts down.

In your case: It's probably a bacteria bloom, and the clockwork timing matches bacteria cycles. Spores and bacteria, boom year round, depending on day-night cycles. There could be a specific fall bacteria that causes a bloom of bad bacteria in your stomach.

You're going to have to do some serious homework because you won't find a doctor who can fathom such a concept. I skimmed a few paragraphs. It's Chinese to me, sorry; I just understand basic science, a subject doctors don't understand. But that was a 3 second google hit, so you might find lots of information because everyone in the world isn't an idiot, just doctors. Maybe between your research, and good medicine here, you can find a solution. If you could determine the bacteria type in the colony, the cure would be one swallow away.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

October / November is halloween and thanksgiving season in the American countries, perhaps you're increasing your intake of certian foods that could carrie this bacteria that was mentioned during that time of year. I know an increased in take of yest can give a simular result, maybe around this time every year you eat more bread products without really noticing?
Food for thought :)
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

SpiritTalker wrote:I have occasional gastroesophageal reflux, usually called "gerd". I seem to get it in Oct-Nov, and my doctor has no suggestions on why. I take an over the counter product called oemeprazole,twice a day for two weeks. it goes away until the next year, same time, & this is the 4th year.

My question is which would be a better "tonic"; apple cider vinegar, cinnamon/ginger and honey, or lemon juice and ginger with honey? Should I use something else? I've tried both. Shrug. I do speak to my doctor, & just saw him last week. Same old same old. He pressed around on my belly but made no changes or recommendation.

Other people are welcome to comment, just keep it civil, OK?
I have a similar thing and in me it is caused by stress. When I'm stressed or anxious, I get acid even in my mouth.

During the time I'm emotionally at ease, this never happens. I wonder if in your case, there might be some seasonal depressive mood connected to autumn that shows as digestive problems.
lizzel21

Post by lizzel21 »

This thread is wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us. Just out of curiosity what herbal books do you have? I'm always looking for good herbology books to add to my collection.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I had gerd for years and years, started when I was pregnant ...later took a ton of the purple pills untill I learned how bad they were for you.
I even had one dr. give me the mega antibiotic round to kill the h-pylori, that did not help in the least and now all my good bacteria was dead too, so on to tons of yogurt and such.
I had a suspicion it was wheat, and it was on a vacation a few years ago I only brought food that did not contain wheat. After the first week I felt great, no more acid reflux no more aches and pains, no constant headache, no more irritable bowl...it was a miracle really. I miss bread terribly, and I had a test to see if I was alergic to wheat...I am not...go figure, all I know is I feel 95 percent better without it.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Sometimes the test doesn't show anything but the person has intolerance. There are a few types of allergy/intolerance/sensitivity to gluten and some of them simply don't show in test. Especially if you haven't eaten gluten some time before the test, you won't have antibodies (or something else, I'm not sure) in your body so they aren't detected.

I think I have a problem with gluten, too, and I felt better when I tried to be without it but I'm too attached to bread and pasta :((( Can't live without them.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

MrCrowley, bingo! I quit the purple pills and put myself on garlic caps, which had helped in the past but I'd forgotten 'cuz it was a looong time ago. And it still works. (2caps, twice a day, for a week.) You're a wizard. :D

MoonRG, and FireBF, I was tested for wheat...like you both, it was negative. Thanks for your suggestions.
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

MsMollimizz wrote:
I make a liniment for hubby's arthritis...
One Yucca root found in produce section grocery store
One bottle vodka, a cheap one works fine !
Grate or finely chop Yucca skin and all-
Add Yucca to quart jar with tight-fitting lid,
one-third full, finish filling jar with vodka.
Shake vigorously for at least one minute,
set on counter or somewhere out of sunlight.
Shake well every other day for 3-6 wks; I
keep mine in for 6wks since his arthritis
is pretty bad. Strain, Yucca can go into
compost pile; apply with cotton balls.
Indefinite shelf life with vodka, can be
used with apple cider vinegar but shelf
life with this is only a year.
Happy shaking !
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

P.S. I have since improved this !
Equal parts Yucca, Chamomile, and Mint...
1) it smells a whole lot better
2) the mint is good for nerve pain, and
3) the chamomile helps it soak into the skin better.
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”