21 Uses for Vodka

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
QueenVictoria

21 Uses for Vodka

Post by QueenVictoria »

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves the adhesive.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, then blot dry.
6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziplock freezer bag, and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain, or black eyes.
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly picked lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
11. Make your own mouthwash by mixing nine tablespoons powered cinnamon with one cup vodka. Seal in an airtight container for two weeks. Strain through a coffee filter then mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. Don’t swallow.
12. Using a q-tip, apply vodka to a cold sore to help it dry out.
13. If a blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin as a local anesthetic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.
14. To treat dandruff, mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.
15. To treat an earache put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let set for a few minutes. Then drain. The vodka will kill the bacteria that are causing pain in your ear.
16. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
17. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
18. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
19. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the poison oil from your skin.
20. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
21. If all else fails, just turn the bottle up and drink it, nothing will matter anymore anyway! :wink:
Namaste
Pinkpower_80

Re: 21 Uses for Vodka

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Awesome list! I'm pretty partial to #21 :lol:
AncientSideEffects

Post by AncientSideEffects »

That's a good list. Wonder if there's anything else. I do like #21. Especially for tomorrow.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I'll skip to #21, thank you very much!

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Thanks for the list. I copied it to my computer BOS. :)
I gotta admit, I think I'll need to drink the Vodka before taking on the bees though. :P
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Echo_of_shadows wrote:Thanks for the list. I copied it to my computer BOS. :)
I gotta admit, I think I'll need to drink the Vodka before taking on the bees though. :P
Lol true! These are all wonderful ideas but how am I suppose to just keep vodka around for stuff like this? :flyingwitch: I don't drink very often but when I do have vodka it only lasts a few days haha. I'd have to hide it from my bf in order to use it for this awesome list LOL.

Ok now I sound like an alcoholic lol.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I like this list, and I keep a bottle around to make tinctures with, as in #10, you can use it for other herbs too. I used to have some Everclear for this purpose, but yeah..hubby and friends found my 190 proof stuff and made quick work of it, dang those alkies :|
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AmethystRayne

Post by AmethystRayne »

Vodka is amazing for bee stings too! I got stung a few weeks ago and it hurt so bad I could barely think! In a panic, I saw a bottle of vodka on the counter and poured it over the sting. Relieved the pain and swelling immediately :)
Shadow Riverlark

Post by Shadow Riverlark »

Fantastic list! I think I'll even share this one with my mom. She should enjoy it, too. ^^
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bump-ity-bump
Nerys

Post by Nerys »

Great list.
I use it to make cologne and to make tinctures. With a Q-tip on insect sting/swelling. To herbal infused waters to make them last longer than 2 days.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I put some in a spray bottle for a corona virus disinfectant. Warning...do not spray on some surfaces as it will dis color and or ruin items.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”