saulve or soak for removing fiberglass splinters?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
IsisUnknown

saulve or soak for removing fiberglass splinters?

Post by IsisUnknown »

worked with some fiberglas this weekend & both me & bf ended up getting plenty of splinters in our fingers due to our gloves ripping (gotta ge better ones next time) T_T
does anyone have a recipe to use to get the splinters out? they're not vissable to pull out just painful. >_<

thanks
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Nasty... The only thing i would suggest is an anti-septic cream, just in case, and plasters.

Something my mum always said about plasters pulling splinters out. I presume it is from the sweating or something helping to push them out or perhaps just the body's natural healing process.

The only other thing i would suggest is hot water to open your skin up a little. Other than that i can only imagine waiting for your skin to grow out and take them with it.
IsisUnknown

Post by IsisUnknown »

I have never heard of plasters before, how would that be done?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

If you are in the states i believe they are called Band-aids. Just the little sticky things you put over small cuts. Just put a dab of anti-septic cream on the pad on the plaster/band-aid and place it over the splinter area. Leave it on a day or two and see if it helps.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

You can use duct tape to remove them, if the splinters aren't in areas with lots of hair. Just be careful not to push down so hard that you drive them further into the skin.

Other than that, an antiseptic and some bandaids is probably the best thing you can do for them. Oh, and some better gloves too.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

if the splinters aren't in areas with lots of hair.
What you do in your own time with fibreglass is your own business :D I joke i joke!

Didnt think of tape though... Ill remember that next time my mum wants to jab my finger with needles.....
IsisUnknown

Post by IsisUnknown »

oh okay ill give all of that a shot! thanks :)
& yes we deffinately need better gloves next time! lol (we make stage props by the way, so its just in our hands, we use long sleeves, long pants & masks...the gloves musta just been a bad batch cause that's never happened before)

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”