Pendulum

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
elizabeth0126

Pendulum

Post by elizabeth0126 »

I just recently bought a Pendulum. Can anyone give me tips on using it? I know it's not real accurate, but I don't care. lol.
Blessed Be!
Live, Love, and Laugh
~~elizabeth0126~~
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

oh, quite contrary, it is very accurate.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

well if its so accurate why did you help the girl out like she asked?
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

witch could u explain it please.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

yea, i just had no time, so what do you want to use it for? if you want to have someone that has passed on, and you want them to write out a message for you, get a big piece of paper and write down every letet, it helps if you put the end of the chain in the middle of the circle with the letters that the letters are a little in from the end of the stone of whatever, say this

wire across wire
human to soul
i wish to contact you it is my goal

and then hold the pedulem over the paper just about and inch over it, and let it move, dont make it move, and if you wish to tell the future, then say

i wish to know
please now bestow
the furture to come
only known by some

and do the same things

and as you are saying the spirit things, think about the person you wish to contact, and if you want to contact an alive person than think about them, and make sure they are thinking about you and sending the message at the same time.
MorningFate

Post by MorningFate »

So, I have a question. You can practically use a pendulum with a "home-made" Ouija board type of thing?
~ Destiny Dawn ~

Merry ye meet, and merry ye part.
elizabeth0126

Post by elizabeth0126 »

hmmmm........ok i will have to tryit out soon. I haven't messed with it much since I wasn't sure about it. I guess everyone has their own opinions of things. I have heard it not very accurate, and now I have heard that it is. I guess it depends on the person huh.
Blessed Be!
Live, Love, and Laugh
~~elizabeth0126~~
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

It depends entirely on the person. Some people get answers because they expect one or hope for a specific one. You'd have to be very careful to be objective about your ritual and make sure you word your questions properly.

I only know one person who did pendulums (I think they're beautiful but that isn't my way) and she only did yes or no questions, but they were generally pretty close. The Ouija board does work, though, but in my experience it needs the planchette (right word? I'm having a brain fart) to work properly.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

if your using the board the planchette is the way to go i feel.
mage

Post by mage »

i use pendulum too...but:
how can i find a lost object- on a drawing or on a map?... i can i just find it by asking: is it under the sofa, under a bookcase, in the bathroom...do i have to go like that- well i do that, because i'm not successful with the map- because i dont know how do i know when something is there...hmmm how to explain myself...yeah: when you move your pendulum over the map slowely- it starts to move ofcourse- though slow...
and now how should i know where something is? and ofcourse- i dont expect my pendulum to pull my hand on the place where something is- like on charmed- i just said that, that there will be no mistake on my thinking :lol: :lol:
hope you understood...
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

yeah i agree with mage, how do you know?
and ... i heard that if you want to cleanse things of negative energies you can use a pendulum?
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

no you just meditate with it, and to find something lost you can do the letter thing just instead of a spell, repeat the thing as if a chant.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

I made a Pendulum for myself from a stone that called out to me. I only ask it yes or no questions, and sence i dont use it mich i always ask it like test questions befor i work because i want to get the feel for witch way it will go for yes and witch way it will go for now. I have been told if you dont have a yes and a no peice of paper down ( shaped like a coumpase yes's going diaganle and no going horizontale or viseversa ) then it will just go its own way. Mine dose atlest. Like it will go diagnale one way for a yes and diagnle the other way for a no, i thought it was the directions at first but it isnt it just gose that way. So just play with it tell you feel comfortable with it, ask it silly questions, like to see what no is ask it "Is my name Bob?" or something like that and then ask it the same question useing your real name. Just things like that to get the feel of it.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Storm

Post by Storm »

Holding a pendulum can be misleading. It is a proven fact that tiny vibrations from your fingers can influence the movement of a pendulum.

Don't believe me? Try this...

Hold the pendulum between your fingertips. Stare at it, keeping your hand still and move your eyes in a clockwise direction around the pendulum. After a while, the pendulum will begin to move in a clockwise direction. Try it again but this time move your eyes in an anti-clockwise direction.

I'm not saying that they aren't good divination tools. But if you ask it 'Will I be successful in this new job application - move clockwise for yes' - then you may well be subconsciously affecting the movement.

However, if you are asking 'Do I truly love so-and-so' then your subconscious feelings may well come out which is of course what you wanted in the first place!

This post is in no way an attempt to rubbish it as a tool for divination. Before anyone jumps up.....
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

no-one should attack you for that because alot of people reckon divination is all sub-conscious. i have never used a pendulum and i have never really felt the desire.

Return to “General Divination”