New Rune set

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
WillowMoon

New Rune set

Post by WillowMoon »

Got myself a new amethyst runestone set today, although probably will still be told I don't need tools from my guides but, oh well. Nevermind! :fairy:
Heartsong

Re: New Rune set

Post by Heartsong »

Oooh, nice! Do you have any pics of the set? :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Great! I was considering buying an amethyst rune set for a while and I needed someone to share their opinion about it. I have my set made of cherry tree and using it for eight years now but the amethyst set is tempting and calling me. My concern though is that runes made out of crystals are round, they're not flat like the wooden ones. And since it's very important for me during interpretation if the rune is facing up or down, I'm not sure how it would work with an amethyst set. I'd be grateful if you could tell me what's your opinion and how does it feel to work with that set! :)
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Ooh I bet your set is beautiful!

LC, I made some runes out of glass beads, and painted the symbols on. In order to be able to tell if the rune is reversed, I painted a small dot on the top part of the bead.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Pinkpower_80 wrote:Ooh I bet your set is beautiful!

LC, I made some runes out of glass beads, and painted the symbols on. In order to be able to tell if the rune is reversed, I painted a small dot on the top part of the bead.
That's a neat idea, Pinkpower!
I'm still worried though cause if the stones are round, do they even flip upside-down? :D

I mean, if it's a set like this one then there is no problem, cause they're flat:
(Image source: ebay)

But if they look like this then I've no idea how to work with them:
(Image source: http://www.tabularasa-bewitchingsupplies.com)

Maybe it's not a problem for people who spread their runes like tarot, but I always cast my runes on a skjebne board so I wouldn't want the shape of the runes to mess up the reading, if you know what I mean :>
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

My runes have a flat side, so they're less likely to flip over, but I painted the symbols on the flatter side. I've never really had a problem with them turning over too much. If they do, I just turn them back over from their side, if that makes any sense. I'll take a pic of them later when my little one gives my phone back to me lol.
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Levitating Cat wrote:Great! I was considering buying an amethyst rune set for a while and I needed someone to share their opinion about it. I have my set made of cherry tree and using it for eight years now but the amethyst set is tempting and calling me.
Well I'd say if it is calling you then that's definitely the set to work with at this stage in your journey. These amethyst runestones I was drawn to breathe their cobwebs away to cleanse them so its teaching me a different new feeling to them each time. Now that my mind is cleared and all is at peacefulness inside it, I may start work with them soon. Just let the crystals guide you there with that I would say and always trust first thoughts ;) as that is your intuition talking to you!
Good luck with them though!

And yes, will be posting pictures as soon as I've got them out of the bag in my bag lol :D They are the stone sort however not the flat, and yes they work like other runes although lately I've been finding that runes are more my thing more so than tarot lol as it tends to flow depending on what the energies are like!
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I will post a pic of mine in a new thread so I don't hijack this one.:p
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Feel free to hijack this one LOL I do that a lot as well.
Photo of a Few Runes to show you what my new set is like, although if I can't get along with these I might see if there is a prettier set online somewhere ;)

Amethyst Runes
Amethyst Runes
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I love the amethysts! I posted mine in another thread.
Shub Niggurath

Post by Shub Niggurath »

Arrrrgh, you're tempting me! :D
So you got the round ones. I don't think they would work well for casting them on a board but I figured I could still use my old ones to cast them on skjebne and get amethyst round ones for different kinds of divination or for meditation.
I also saw flat hematite runes the other day and now I want to get them all, fml ;-;
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

I agree with you on that. I think the flat ones would work casting on the board better than the round ones, but each to their own ;)
WillowMoon

Post by WillowMoon »

Well anyways I've realized I can't work with that set so I've ordered in another made out of banded amethyst from a friend whom makes runes. :) Can't wait to see what that set feels like when its come through in the post ;) Will post a picture when I receive them so you can see what banded amethyst looks like.

Return to “General Divination”