Thunderlite?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
GirlUnderTheTree

Thunderlite?

Post by GirlUnderTheTree »

So I have have some question concerning one of my crystals. It's called Thunderlite, and so far I have been unable to find any information neither online, nor in my crystal books about it. Normally I would just google what the crystal looks like, however that has yet to yield any results. I'm very curious if one of you has ever come across this crystal or maybe has some info on it. Perhaps it even goes by another name, as I only got the name from the crystal store it was purchased from. Oh and before anyone suggests I ask the lady at the store. I can't, the store has since closed and I have no way of contacting her.
I have attached a picture below, if you want a different angle of the crystal don't be afraid to ask. And as always Blessed Be and thank you for sharing your wisdom.
Attachments
078.JPG
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Nature is my church, and my heart is my guide.
~blessed be everyone~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Thunderlite?

Post by SpiritTalker »

To me it looks like rough, smokey quartz. I haven't heard of thunderlite. The name suggests a fulgerite, formed when lightening strikes sand, but fulgerites usually have sand embedded and rough, gritty texture, which this doesn't have..

Your photo also seems to show a slight twist as if the 2 ends fracture at an opposing angle, which is a feature of quartz.
GirlUnderTheTree

Post by GirlUnderTheTree »

SpiritTalker wrote:To me it looks like rough, smokey quartz. I haven't heard of thunderlite. The name suggests a fulgerite, formed when lightening strikes sand, but fulgerites usually have sand embedded and rough, gritty texture, which this doesn't have..

Your photo also seems to show a slight twist as if the 2 ends fracture at an opposing angle, which is a feature of quartz.
I just googled Smokey Quartz and it really does resemble that. The only thing being, if you look closely my stone has like a light purple in the brown. So I'm wondering is there a possibility its a smokey quartz mixed with something else? Is that even possible? :evilwitch:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Nature is my church, and my heart is my guide.
~blessed be everyone~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

What makes a rock is minerals, water or vapor, heat and pressure. Intense heat and pressure can change one mineral into various shades of color such as yellow-to-purple-to-black. The heat/pressure can be nature-made or artificially done after mining.
crystal--riot

Post by crystal--riot »

This seems more like amethyst than smoky quartz. It just seems to look that way, and amethyst is another common quartz. Anyone else think so?
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Now that you mention it, I can see the purple/violet, but I'm a rockaholic. People like me are ghetto because we don't possess significant knowledge in the subject, and we'll collect rocks laying on wally-world parking lots.

Anyway, I looked at some amethyst, and it looks similar to the above picture if the light hits at certain angles.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”