Crystals to Help With Anxiety?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
creativemind243

Crystals to Help With Anxiety?

Post by creativemind243 »

Hello everyone!! So, I'm just curious to know whether or not there are any crystals that are good with helping anxiety? It's something I've always suffered with, but here lately, it's been just a bit out of control, and I need some help getting it back under control.

I've seen some really nice necklaces for sale with crystal points on them, but if I bought one, I'd want it to be a crystal that could help with my anxiety, so that's why I'm asking this question!

Plus, this could be a weird question, but I'm curious that if bought one of these necklaces, if I could also use it as a pendulum? I know that if I wore it out in public (where it could essentially pick up other peoples energies- even negative energies) that I'd have to give it a proper cleansing before I used it as a pendulum, but I'm just in need of some opinions!!

Thanks in advance!
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
Ivy

Re: Crystals to Help With Anxiety?

Post by Ivy »

HI,
I wouldn't recommend crystal points for anxiety, the point will focus and direct energy and for anxiety you may need something more calming and tranquil, go for darker colours and opaque crystals that will help to lower your stress levels too. Black Onyx, or Hematite will help calmness as does Turquoise and Green Aventurine.
Have you seen any tumbled stone bracelets on elastic, they are very good and quite cheap too, Feel the stones and hold them in your palm and practice calm breathing techniques.
Do you have a trigger for your anxiety?
naomij

Post by naomij »

Yes a nice lump of haematite is very grounding
I also like rose quartz for its sweet childlike straight forward goodness
Citrine is nice and clearing too. I have a citrine pendulum but I don't use it much.

I agree with above that a nice tumblestone to have in your pocket and hold in your hand might be ideal. You could use quartz points to do some nice relaxing meditation. I get anxious when things are out of sync - maybe get hold of a crystal for each chakra, use a clear quartz point or two to channel energy in/away - whatever feels good to you.
creativemind243

Post by creativemind243 »

Thanks to the both of you for the advice! I appreciate it very much!

Ivy, there isn't really a trigger for my anxiety; for the most part, it'll just randomly hit me. However, it does seem to get pretty bad when I'm in social situations, as I'm not very good with people and worry a lot.

Naomij, that does sound like a good idea; I'll have to see what I can do about getting some rose quartz, as it does seem like it could be very helpful!
There is a battle of two wolves inside us; one is evil, It is jealousy, greed, and lies. The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, kindness, and truth. The one that wins?
The one you feed.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Hye,

I wonder if you might keep a diary and jot down things then see if there is a trigger? I find diaries amd journals very helpful. Rose Quartz would be a great stone to start with, I missed your pendulum question this bit
Plus, this could be a weird question, but I'm curious that if bought one of these necklaces, if I could also use it as a pendulum? I know that if I wore it out in public (where it could essentially pick up other peoples energies- even negative energies) that I'd have to give it a proper cleansing before I used it as a pendulum, but I'm just in need of some opinions!!
Yes you can use pendants as pendulums, it wouldn't normally pick up anyone else's energies as it would be protected within your own auric shield.

But I would suggest making a separate pendulum if you wanted to work with one, a simple cleansing is all that's necessary, depending on what you want to dwse for that is.
I am all for using what we have around us so maybe think of making one? Do you have any crystals?
terran22

Post by terran22 »

Ivy wrote:HI,
I wouldn't recommend crystal points for anxiety, the point will focus and direct energy and for anxiety you may need something more calming and tranquil, go for darker colours and opaque crystals that will help to lower your stress levels too. Black Onyx, or Hematite will help calmness as does Turquoise and Green Aventurine.
Have you seen any tumbled stone bracelets on elastic, they are very good and quite cheap too, Feel the stones and hold them in your palm and practice calm breathing techniques.
Do you have a trigger for your anxiety?
I have been meditating with a Snow Flake Obsidian stone and I also have a Hematite stone i keep near me as well i hold it in my hand especially when my anxiety begins to get to me,I'll rub it with my thumb and repeat words like peace,strength,focus in my head till I feel calm and refreshed. I am also making a necklace to wear one of my hematite stones to keep with me at all times.
terran22

Post by terran22 »

I also have other stones Rose quartz being one of them.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Terran then you are doing fine, hopefully, no, you will make good progress and improve how you feel.
Do you do any crystal grids or layouts or healing spreads? They can all work well too.
You can even lay a grid under your bed so when you sleep it works all night :)
Mystic Phoenix

Post by Mystic Phoenix »

Identify those things that cause you anxiety. Then write down the answers to these questions:

-What is causing my anxiety?
-What fears cause my anxiety?
-How true (give a percent) are my fears? What makes them true?
-What are some things I can do to minimize/eliminate my anxiety?

Hope this helps!
terran22

Post by terran22 »

I use hematite, rose quartz and snowflake obsidian. I'm learning to make my own necklaces as well
terran22

Post by terran22 »

What are grids? Sorry I'm still a newbie.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

My ten year old granddaughter is going through some anxiety attacks. Can anyone suggest a crystal that might help her? She's hitting puberty, and her favorite color is purple. I have zero objectivity on this one, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Snow what about a pet rock for her? http://www.gemscrystals.com/6.html scroll down to the question.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

Ivy wrote:HI,

I wear these!
I too have anxiety, it's horrible.
I wear an obsidian bracelet and a hematite bracelet. They really help me out when I'm out and at work.
Rose quartz is great too.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Ivy wrote:Snow what about a pet rock for her? http://www.gemscrystals.com/6.html scroll down to the question.
That's an idea. I could help her make a sheep face on a rock. She loves sheep.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”