Best crystal for a pendulum

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Kitty

Best crystal for a pendulum

Post by Kitty »

I need a new one as mine has gone missing and I wondered what a good crystal is to use
I used to have one in rose quartz but this time I would like something that doesn't relate to other matters [such as love etc]
I either want to use a neutral stone or something that relates to divination but I have no idea what to choose
help would be much appreciated :)
xx
Traumwandlerin

Re: Best crystal for a pendulum

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Mountain crystal. It's a clear quartz and quite common.
mamma bear

Post by mamma bear »

yes Clear quartz crystal would definately work. I have one with that and one with carnelian
Mamma Bear
Make no mistakes...I will protect my young!
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I think I'll be going for the clear quartz then :)
thankyou so much for your advices
xx
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

whichever one speaks to your soul is the right one for you. Each person has a unique reaction with crystals. Some people respond better with mookite, while the next might with lapradorite.. its a personal thing.

I personally use a tibetin quartz as my main crystal for charging various intentions into. I have 2 pendilums but do not know what they are. One is a metallicy green charcoal color, and the other is an orange swirly creamy crystal.
I AM
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Hi presentcharisma, you got me thinking about your pendulum crystal descriptions. The first one sounds like it could be green obsidian and the descriptions of your orange one could be Amphibole Quartz or "Angel Phantom Quartz"
presentcharisma

oooh, thanks for the help. WHen I looked more at my metallicy green one, it also looks goldlish. The obsidian looks similar... its possible. THe piece i have doesn't have soo much white but other than that its a match.
I AM
presentcharisma

after looking I think my orange one is calcite... but I will look more to identify the other one
I AM
being-singular-plural

Nice, I love orange calcite! There is a kind of obsidian called "Gold Sheen Obsidian"--that may be it!Image

:D
One Walker

Post by One Walker »

Hi Kitty and All!

It's tough to find a rock that deals only in general matters because, like humans, while stones share universal qualities they also vibrate individually and uniquely. It might also be wise to consider that stones can amplify a negative personality trait as well as a positive one so caution should be used and the selection made very carefully. For divination the type of stone would depend to a certain extent on what type of divination practice is to be conducted and for what purpose.

Generally your Birthstone as described by ancient lore is considered to be the best to have about your body. If that is impracticable or impossible under the circumstances you may want to try this:

Hold a given stone for 5 to 10 minutes, then set it aside. Sit there and listen with your heart. You should 'hear' the movements or vibrations given off, not by the stone but by your own Self.

Remember that stones are amplifiers for the Universe, not practical power sources in themselves. They are conduits to bring energies from all Creation to you! With that in mind you want to be very careful in analyzing exactly what the nature of the vibrations are doing to/for you; how you think and feel at the moment. It should be PEACEFUL, not powerful. Inner warmth, happiness, and contentment; not the peak pulse of physical or emotional excitement and movable energy.

Hope this helped some! Blessings to you!

One Walker. :mrgreen: ::coolglasses::
We have seen what Power does.
We have seen what Power costs.

One is never equal to the other.
canobiecrazy

Post by canobiecrazy »

It really depends on your purpose, but, I would recommend either

Malachite
or
Quartz

Good luck! :)
presentcharisma

Perhaps I should take a picture and post it for identification
I AM
presentcharisma

I hope this works.. it doesn't look as metallic in the picture, but the "gold parts" are pretty metallic hopefully this picture helps somewhat in the identification. Thank you!!

(by the way, my tip broke off)
Attachments
pendilum.jpg
I AM
being-singular-plural

Thanks for posting this presentcharisma! I am at a bit of a loss...it looks too lackluster to be an obsidian, but a dark green stone with gold/metallic inclusions like this is not something I can readily identify. hmm... I have seen Epidote that is as dark green as that and they can have Pyrite inclusions (metallic). I need to ponder this some more. I appreciate all the mystery!
Blessings,
bsp
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

...it almost looks vaguely like lapis lazuli... Or it's just my monitor.
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”