meditation and/or rites involving water?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
GregoryLionborn

meditation and/or rites involving water?

Post by GregoryLionborn »

Goodness, when I'm away, I'm away for a long time! I REALLY need to come by here more often. Anyway!

Water is by far my element. I've always connected very powerfully with it. Despite my worry of sounding like a complete novice, I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on possible ways of utilizing water in a more than casual, or even full fledged ritual use of invoking the element's power? I live roughly 15-25 minutes from the Pacific ocean depending on traffic, but traveling can be a pain, so it's not always easy for me to get to the shore.

I've made use of stones and more than a few sea shells I've collected to keep the ocean with me, but I was wondering if anybody might be able to offer a suggestion or two on anything from formal to casual practice?
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: meditation and/or rites involving water?

Post by Firebird »

Hahaha Gregory, I know what you mean. I think Topanga Beach is like 17 miles strait down Topanga and it takes like 45 to an hour to get there, ahhh traffic.... And we pay the big rent to be here in Cali. so we can be close to the beach blue_dozey

I like to have a fountain, that is one of my favorite daily connections to water. Every time I go puttering around in the garden I can hear it ....trickle, trickle... it's very comforting and I like to meditate near it. It helps a lot to quite my mind as well as make the other city noises less offensive.
Blessings Firebird
Ps...welcome back stranger!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GregoryLionborn

Haha, so true! That sounds like a pleasant idea. I used to have a little pedestal fountain that poured into some pebbles out in the back yard, but it's been on the fritz. I might just go look around for a good place for a new setup. I have a large tree that would be a beautiful place for one.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I have put water in my big cauldron and treated it like a well. I have poured offerings into it for Holda.
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I normally just take a relaxing bath not too hot just luke warm with lavender bubble bath. It helps relax me and keeps me in touch with water. As this is my element as well.
Indigo_Pheonix

Post by Indigo_Pheonix »

How about bring the ocean to you?
Get an aquarium! Even a small beta in a bowl is good.
I have a goldfish, and a water turtle. The filter noise is like a waterfall, it can be relaxing.
GregoryLionborn

Ahhh, I like the idea. I used to have a couple small aquariums when I was younger. I'd love to get another one.

Lillady: I agree! I was also looking at getting certified for scuba training. Not much could beat entering a full world of blue, right? :) Talk about connecting.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Baths are my way to connect to the water element as well. I add some bath salts (or epsom salts) so its more like ocean water. Plus the salts are representative of earth which is my other (and astro) element.

Im thinking about moving back home to Florida and told DH I would only do so if we live on/near the beach. I need to be near water.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”