I need to let go of the past.

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Butterfly1984

I need to let go of the past.

Post by Butterfly1984 »

Hi all,

I have had some anger issues that have been ongoing and following a reading from Tigerlily have found out it is due to an issue in my past.
I was wondering if anybody knows a helpful spell to help me let go of my past hurts so I can move on with my life. This is causing me and my current boyfriend, the father of my unborn child, a lot of problems and I desperately dont want to loose him.
Thanks in advance

Butterfly
xxx
Butterflies are the most free life on this planet and i aspire to be that free spirited. Love and Light to all.
Blessed Be
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Therapy. Seriously. I don't do spells to let go of my past- though I've done a couple to try and set things right, after the fact.

I don't know what the issue is, but if you can't think of a way to load the universes dice, you might really want to consider a good therapist.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
The Mystic Pilgrim

Post by The Mystic Pilgrim »

You shouldn't consider using just a spell to make things right. I'm certainly not saying that you shouldn't use magic, but it should be part of a greater plan to improve your life. For exmple:

See a therapist to gain that professional insight that might be helpful...

Make amends to anyone that you might have wronged as part of the angry behavor.

Conduct a series of tarot readings to help gauge your progress toward your goals...

Make any changes in habits or triggers that will allow you to alter the anger responses...

Cast a spell to promote healing or to help make all of your other steps just that much more effective.

Does this make any sense? The spell itself can act as the glue to make your other works more effective and life-changing. Just remember, the Gods help those who help themselves.

I hope this is helpful.
Butterfly1984

Post by Butterfly1984 »

thanks everyone. im gonna try a few things, a new diet being one as doctor recommended. she hasnt offered counselling at the mo. we'll see.
it seems that even though i have been to the doctor and being seen to try and change this my 'boyfriend' still wont see me. i guess i have really ruined it this time.

light and love
xx
Butterflies are the most free life on this planet and i aspire to be that free spirited. Love and Light to all.
Blessed Be
Eireayne

Agreed

Post by Eireayne »

Therapy can work miracles. If not for you as a couple, maybe for you yourself. When I went, I got clarity and separation of the tangled issues I felt I faced. And I only needed a few sessions to help me gain a hold on some solutions, though I would absolutley LOVE to go back. My own therapy helped me improve communication between me and mine. Look into your health care policy and see if it's covered. If not, talk to your doc, either they can help (remember they have to keep info confidential...) or they can point you towards someone/someplace that can. Believe it or not, therapy can be found at low/no cost options for some folk.
Butterfly1984

Post by Butterfly1984 »

Thanks, i live in the uk so we are lucky enough to get all our health care free, just have to wait a long while to get it.
but yeah im gonna try that, i have found a nice spell to get rid of my negative energy which will help me to get these other things in motion.

butterfly
Blessed Be
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

i find working things though with myself to work in those situations, like finding the time to centre myself before i do, because otherwise i just work myself up into an emotional mess.

I just take little bits of my life that might have upset me or angered me and address them, ask myself why i felt that way... and work with what comes to me...
If i get upset, i stop myself and look at where i am now, from where i was finding the good points and focusing on them to bring me back to happier state of mind..

Im not any kind of a psychiatrist, which is always good to consult with.
I just use this way to help me try and understand my own self a little better.

BB Tymar
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;
[HangedMan]

Post by [HangedMan] »

Therapy.

I started therapy recently for the same exact problem. Can't let go of my anger for wrongs that were done to me a while ago. Just make sure you do your research and find a good one. It took me a few tries until I found someone competent enough that I felt comfortable with. Good luck to you.
Butterfly1984

Post by Butterfly1984 »

thanks again all, i am going to talk to my doctor and get some help. i think all is lost with my ex but i have to do it for mine and my babies sake.

you've all been great

blessed be

butterfly
Blessed Be

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”