Hathor’s Mirror & Dragon path Q’s

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Risingpanther

Hathor’s Mirror & Dragon path Q’s

Post by Risingpanther »

Number one: Does anyone know what a Hathor's Mirror is, and how to create one?

Number two: For Dragon and other magick, if one is unable to get candles, a sword and an athame, does anyone know what could be used to replace these items without offending the astral beings? I am going off the requiremnts listed in <u>Dancing with Dragons</u> by D.J. Conway...
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

"Ancient Egyptian mirrors, unlike our modern counterparts, were not constructed from glass and a silver layer, but from a flat oval of polished copper or bronze, with a wooden or bone handle, the handle was often shaped into the form of a Goddess. The metal Copper is still today linked with the Goddess. This same shape can be seen in the Sun Disc symbol that represents Hathor."

Several sources said that it was made from polished silver on one side and polished bronze on the other with Hathors image carved into the handle, Some said it was silver with a bronze handle and the above source which gives a generalisation on mirrors talks of silver and copper. It may also be worth mentionin(Don't know if you know the mythologies) That "Hathors Mirror" was a shield aswell.

As for dragon magic, sounds to me like one of the [random animal/thing] magics I tend to not bother with, so I can't help you on that one.
Risingpanther

Thank you!

Post by Risingpanther »

Thanks Sobek, I was told a Hathor's mirror was a strong protective object, used in many magickal workings.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: Two Questions

Post by LaFiamma »

Risingpanther wrote: Number two: For Dragon and other magick, if one is unable to get candles, a sword and an athame, does anyone know what could be used to replace these items without offending the astral beings? I am going off the requiremnts listed in <u>Dancing with Dragons</u> by D.J. Conway...

Er, I would highly suggest not basing one's practices off of what one finds in a DJ Conway book.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I agree, I don't know the author's literature, but it is good to find many sources to get a better picture of your practices. I myself try not to summon my Dragon, I simply understand that we are in each other, and when I need him he is always with me.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Hmmmm...Hathors Mirror?

A divination tool.

http://www.cassandraeason.co.uk/mirror_scrying.htm

There are replicas of such things available here;

http://www.littlegorgeousthings.com/hahami.html

http://www.avendales.com/6338-egyptian- ... aques.html

If you are unable to purchase these items, or prefer to make them yourself, any hand held mirror will do.

The idea is the mirror is dedicated to Hathor, so you might want to pick one up at the local dollar store and inscribe the hieroglyphic name of Hathor on the handle...this is the dedication.

You don't have to follow all the instructions...for anything...:)

As far as the other things, remember, the dollar store has a huge amount of stuff, for seriously cheap, and once you get it home, you just dedicate your tools in front of your altar...no biggy!

Thet
Tymar

Re: Two Questions

Post by Tymar »

Risingpanther wrote:Number one: Does anyone know what a Hathor's Mirror is, and how to create one?
Sorry i dont know that one.
Number two: For Dragon and other magick, if one is unable to get candles, a sword and an athame, does anyone know what could be used to replace these items without offending the astral beings? I am going off the requiremnts listed in <u>Dancing with Dragons</u> by D.J. Conway...
I believe you can be as elaborate as you want, or as simple as you want.
You can use your arm / hand instead of a athame or sword.
As with anything you use this is to help you focus your energy down into the object, even if you use a wand, so I don’t see any problem with using a fallen branch from a tree for example.
For me I believe it comes down to how you visualise and focus.

BB. ALD
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”