do you use a voodoo doll??

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
panday

do you use a voodoo doll??

Post by panday »

In witchcraft, if you're cursing anybody or manifesting a spell, do you use a voodoo doll??
Suppose;

Post by Suppose; »

Well, I personally don't curse. That's just my preference.
I don't necessarily use "voodoo dolls" either.

I have used what I call, Poppets, when doing a protection, or in bad circumstances, binding spell.

I'm not sure exactly what the difference between a Poppet and a Voodoo doll is, or if there is much of one.
A Poppet, though, is just a doll that represents a person, which I think is basically what a Voodoo doll is, right?
morak

Post by morak »

I've cursed a couple of times but used the candle as it burnt down in the ritual after I have burned the paper with the curse on it, when I think they'e had enough I burn the wax or I just throw it away I've not felt strongly enough to make a poppet but I've got the clay just in case :lol:

morak
Yellow_day

Post by Yellow_day »

I don't curse and I don't use a voodoo doll, but I do use a wanga doll for myself.
Shizuma

Post by Shizuma »

I don't really dwell in the curse area... i use too, but i realized it was pointless, (and i was tired of the Threefold Law getting me. lol) But, i never really even used a doll at all... more items that represent per say, that usually represented the person or what i disliked of the person...

~ Shizzy
Elven555

Post by Elven555 »

The difference between poppets and voodoo dolls is the way they're made. voodoos are long lengths of thread wound up to make the shape of a doll.
Poppets are 2 pieces of material, stuffed with cotton wool, herbs, crystals, feathers, etc and sewn together.

Both can be used for negative and bad purposes, most people stay away from voodoos because of the stigma attatched to them.
I have a voodoo doll that I use on myself, so there goes that theory.
And no, to "curse" it's not necessary to use a doll.
Earth my body, water my blood,
Air my breath and fire my spirit
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: do you use a voodoo doll??

Post by SpiritTalker »

Replying to an old post -

Any poppet can be used for healing as well. I substitute a candle poppet using pins to represent head, 2 arms & 2 legs, then do a typical candle spell for whatever the need is. Let it burn completely, put any stub in the trash and slide the 5 pins into the earth beneath a tree. Leave an offering for the tree. Weren’t wax effigies & corn dollies around before the cloth versions of the associating poppets to persons-of-interest? It seems different cultures use what’s handy.
BlackMirror

Re: do you use a voodoo doll??

Post by BlackMirror »

I like using poppets. For all kinds of things from healing to dream work.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”