Spell to help a depressed friend?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Lio

Spell to help a depressed friend?

Post by Lio »

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate at all. If it is, please take it down.

I have a friend I met through a mental health forum. They messaged me today saying they just got out of the hospital after attempting suicide. I'm so grateful they're still here but I know their depression isn't going to just go away after they've been to the hospital and they're probably feeling worse than ever, and I was wondering if anyone knows something witchy I could do for them other than just being supportive?

I'm really upset and worried about them after this happened and I know magick can't heal a person but I just want to get some ideas of how I could help at least a little? I'm definitely not intending to just cast a spell for them and do nothing else. I'm going to talk to them everyday and maybe try to send them funny pictures and just try to make their life a little happier if I can, but I'd love to do a spell or something of that nature to help at all, even if it's just something small.

Again, I hope talking about things of this nature is okay. If not, I apologize. Thank you in advance for any responses.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Spell to help a depressed friend?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi - no problem, your topic is welcome

In my experience, just about any type of magical energies could displace the slim psychic balance they’ve achieved, so spells could make it more difficult for them to stabilize. Being there to listen - even if it’s to their silence - is valuable. A spell for your own inspiration is ok. I’d suggest a simple candle spell for “illumination” and “in-sight” and discerning when to be patient and when to be straight forward with your friend and not too tippy toeing & afraid of distressing them. Be real.
Many blessings to you both.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spell to help a depressed friend?

Post by Firebird »

How is your friend now?
Can you approach them and let them know you intend to work some magic to support them?
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”