Baby witch questions re: Hades Offerings

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
stephanie robinson

Baby witch questions re: Hades Offerings

Post by stephanie robinson »

Hey, all.
So I haven't been a witch for very long but I have tried to push myself when it comes to my practicing.
I have recently started working with God's and goddess' (but for now I'm only working with one) I have set up my alter for hades for protection and the safe passage of the dead, especially now with covid-19 seeing so much death in the world. I have a few questions on the praise of hades.
1. What should I offer to him? I have been offering pomegranates, coins, vodka/wine, lavender and amethyst but I was wondering if there are things he favours more.
2. Once the offerings are have been presented, how long should I wake before deposing of the offerings and presenting a new offering. Also with things such as coins, stones and crystals, should they be removed from the offering bowl or can they stay through several offerings?
3. When lighting a candle for him, how do I know If he is present? When I have lit a candle, I have made sure that there are no wind reaching the candle which I usual decorate with the same as what I place in the offering bowl.

Also when I am practising, such as witches bottles and astral projecting, my familiar (snake) tends to go a little mad in his box
I am concerned that when I am casting, it is taking more energy than normal from him since when I feed him, he tends to be more ravenous than he used to me. Should I cast outside the room he is in or feed him more often than normal?

For the last of my questions, what practices should I preform daily? I stir my tea in a clockwise direction and grounding but other than that and my offerings, I don't practice my craft often.

Sorry that there are so many questions. Trying to better my craft
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Baby witch questions re: Hades offerings

Post by SpiritTalker »

1. This link has some brief info on offerings https://www.learnreligions.com/offering ... ds-2561949

Also noted in Offerings to Hades -
Coins & other money (traditionally gold or brass, but all money works)
Stones, especially dark, or black stones, tiny garnets (which resemble pomegranate seeds)
Alcohol, especially wine.
Honey. Pomegranates
Milk or Water.
Tobacco.
Herbs: cypress, mint, myrrh, patchouli, bay, pumpkin, yew, wormwood, cinnamon, lavender, willow, oak

2. Just my opinion but once something has been offered it should be removed before another offering is made. And food and drink would get changed daily or they go stale or flat. Who wants stale food or sour milk or scummy water? Since Hades is of the Underworld it wouldn’t be out of place to lay offerings on the earth or bury them. I wonder if 3 dog biscuits for Cerberus might be appreciated as Hades and Cerberus are often depicted together.

3. Were you perhaps thinking a candle flame’s motion might indicate a god-form’s presence? The mechanics of this universe is recycling soul’s. Such a Presence to the living would be recognized in those times when you intuit deeper understanding of the mystery of life, death and rebirth cycles.

If you care for your snake and it’s being over stimulated by something you’re doing then practice at a different location away from the snake. Forcing an animal to assume a role of a familiar spirit will stress the animal. Ask yourself if it’s fair to the snake. Check your snake care-and-feeding manual for behaviors snakes display when they’re hungry. The Earth’s living force is pulsing right under your feet & you can channel geo-energy that will boost you out of body in real-time.

SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Baby witch questions re: Hades offerings

Post by SpiritTalker »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26376&p=191489&hilit=LBRP#p191489... or every so often

. Keep researching, doing a bit every few days. Peter Paddon wrote on Cunning Folk practices which might interest you https://www.amazon.com/Grimoire-Modern- ... oks&sr=1-1 . He made podcasts too.
. Grounding & centering and shielding a couple times daily until it becomes second nature. Extend your energy from the crown and down the spine, deep into the earth. Draw it on the breath to center. Feel it in the belly then gently push from the gut and out to fill your aura. See it in your mind as a light-shield 🛡 .
. Do a morning greeting of the 6 directions - face East and raise your arms to the sky and sun. Feel your body energized with light. Then bend over & place your palms on the earth with thanks. Straighten up and face each direction and welcome it’s many virtues. Repeat at sunset. Adapt for full Moon salutations.
. Throughout the day use all of your senses to observe weather and the earth’s response. Listen to bird calls, to rainfall, to the wind’s song thru different trees. Feel it on your skin. Go barefoot. Notice some plants turning their leaves to face the sun, & certain trees turning leaves over before a change. Watch their life-light leap towards fresh rain. Smell and listen for the changes. Go deeper.
. Use Your hobbies to express your Craft
. Meditate 15 minutes in the sunlight to let it sanitize your physical body and nourish your energy-body.
. Meditate in moonlight to balance your psychism and anchor your energy-body.
. Hug trees and exchange energy. Stand facing the tree. Let your feet connect to the tree’s root and your crown to the tree top.
. Collect rain for spells.
. Make moonlight charged water for spells. It’s a good substitute for costly oils to charge up spells.
. Make candles.
. Make different colored salts. Add herbs related to intent, ex., banishing, blessing,
. Make a container garden to grow your herbs.
. Do a specimen hunt to collect plants for drying. Take no more than 2/3 of a plant so it can regrow. Leave an offering.
. Collect uniquely marked stones that suggest magical uses. Leave an offering for Nature whenever taking something for magical use. Birdseed, bread or cornmeal, water are all useful.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”