What to do when being contacted by an angel

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
kibaperkins

What to do when being contacted by an angel

Post by kibaperkins »

Hello, I was working on a spell to improve confidence and overall self esteem and when I went to light my lighter to seal the spell with a pink candle, my lighter would not light no matter what, at first I had thought it was out of gas however it would light anywhere else in my house. The red candle's flame danced rapidly and melted some wax faster than usual and I sealed it with the red candle. As it is sunday and the candle was red that the flame danced rapidly on, I pressumed Michael was trying to help with the spell. I might be wrong however, what do I do from here and have I been contacted by an angel?

Many blessings,
Kiba
kibaperkins

Re: What to do when being contacted by an angel

Post by kibaperkins »

Edit:: Sorry if this is in the wrong board, If there is a better one I will move it there :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Your post is OK where it is. No worry.

I think there are other possibilities, like your guardian angel for instance, or even subconscious telekinesis effecting the lighter as resistance to the changes the spell implied. By using the red candle you showed the subconscious who’s boss. Just my opinion. Do you have an interest in angelic magic? Have you read Doreen Virtue’s earlier books by any chance? She’s not Wiccan but deals with angels. Else-wise & unrelated to DV, If you’re not familiar with the Lesser Banishing Rite of the Pentagram LBRP it would be a good intro as it recognizes Raphael, Michael, Gabriel and Uriel surrounding you. The light above and below, and the protective pentagram & hexagram. Maybe browse several on-line versions & pick one you like best. It’s OK to simplify language so it’s manageable & can be used before doing spells.

We have this discussion on the board
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ng#p191829

Contact is like answering a land line phone - you don’t know who’s on the line until you answer. Practicing the LBRP makes sure no scum bags are on the other end of the line.

The red candle was chosen by you I’m guessing as the Fire element symbol? And a pink candle for self-acceptance perhaps? In Magic you’d have to purposefully identify the red candle as associated with the archangel Michael in your altar set up for it to be a doorway for his intercession; & not linked in some vague correspondence chart associations but in a concentrated, mental effort. In a formal circle casting ritual we can call on the Guardians of the Watchtowers for supervision. They’ve got our back. Have you cast a circle before doing spells? Even a simple circle without all the fru-fru summoning can keep out energy interference.

You could do a rite to greet your angel. I’ve had occasions to be thankful for my guardian angel. I placed a picture on my altar of a child crossing a rickety bridge with their angel alongside. Then lighted a white candle and said a heart felt prayer of gratitude. And later I found a rose quartz angel that I keep there too. Well, cough, actually I went a little angel-happy & collected a bunch of angel images for about a year.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I see some on the perimeter often - Uriel, Raziel.
I wonder if I did not focus too much on this, that it actually made me a weak exorcist because sometimes you'd better be drawing power from spirits of land and Pagan gods and forces of the wild?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

My answer is yes, Michael told you you are curious by nature - ask for a sign.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”